file Old players reluctance to play with post HttB cards

25 Jul 2018 01:27 - 25 Jul 2018 01:30 #89300 by self biased

Thanks for not contribution to the discussion and being an ass at the same time. Such a talent.

Indeed. it doesn't change the fact that the people involved with Black Chantry are also all on the VEKN Inner Circle, which seems to be the point that you missed. I get that people get weird notions about legitimacy. Ben's post is a good timeline of things, but the fact that as VEKN Inner Circle members got the game back into print and then went on to form what is technically a multinational company and licensed the property to continue printing the game is pretty legitimate.

but that's just me.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2018 01:30 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2018 07:02 #89305 by Mewcat
So I can go to my local game store and pick up a new booster? Finding a print company to take your money shouldn't be seen as a momentous happening.

More
25 Jul 2018 08:15 - 25 Jul 2018 08:39 #89308 by Lönkka

So I can go to my local game store and pick up a new booster? Finding a print company to take your money shouldn't be seen as a momentous happening.

The first Bundes (Lost Kindred and KotT Bundles) are already being printed as well speak (well, type...)

It is just not something that happens instantly at the printers..

These products are not boosters, but Bundles, not unlike Berlin Anthologies or 10th Anniversary Tins or Blood Shadowed Court Collector Decks.

Please notice that it seems highly unlikely that the game will see new _boosters_ ever again.

It's worth mentioning that there's no product in stores heralding the game's return. There's been a bunch of things changed, with no handy "what's new" packet, and just things posted "on the Internet" make it seem like this is one of those fan made sets.

That depends on where you live.*

Around in Finland the game has been continually in the shops since 1994...

As soon as BCP gets the Lost Kindred and KotT Bundles out from the printer, these new products will be available as well. These will not be the same Print on Demand products that are available via Drivethrough but "properly" and professionally printed cards.

(* though generally your statement is more than valid)

White Wolf was later acquired by/merged with CCP and eventually CCP cancelled V:TES. The VEKN was given back to the fans, with LSJ, Oscar, and Robyn ending their time in their VEKN roles. A new VEKN board was created - the Inner Circle - with Johannes Walch as Chairman and Pascal Bertrand as Rules Coordinator. Under Johannes, the VEKN Design Team was created, with myself (Ben Peal) as Design Team Leader. Eventually Johannes stepped down as Chairman and Ginés Quiñonero was elected. Pascal Bertrand handed the Rules Coordinator reins to Vincent Ripoll.

Not very necessary detail but I seem to remember that the Inner Circle was formed way ahead of acquisition of CCP and Johannes being in the helm for quite some time.

But I digress...

Modedit\\ Please keep consecutive quotes within a single post to avoid douple posting.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 25 Jul 2018 08:39 by Kraus.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Jul 2018 18:34 #89337 by 1uck
No, I understand it's the same people involved, it's the difference of the organizations. A professional athlete can go down to the park and play a pick-up game, but it doesn't affect his sport and official standings in any way. Ben made it clear that VEKN has remained a fan organization, though BCP is an officially licensed partner.

It's great that you have no problems with this, but this thread is about people who do. Associating these sets with official licensing and releasing them physically printed goes a long way with getting people back on board with VTES; and attracting new players too.

@OP If they want to play with Anthelios outside of a tournament,let them. As long as they're still showing up to games that's good. People think a lot of cards are overpowered and will complain, that's normal. I think their unfamiliarity with the new cards may be causing more frustration. Let them know about Amaranth (since secret library isn't up to date) so they can read up on everything and maybe tinker around with making decks so they can better understand how the cards interact. The more they play with the new stuff the more they'll accept it and get caught up with the new rules, especially if that's what the rest of the group plays by.

More
25 Jul 2018 18:54 #89340 by TwoRazorReign

Let them know about Amaranth (since secret library isn't up to date) so they can read up on everything and maybe tinker around with making decks so they can better understand how the cards interact.

On the subject or amateurish appearance, telling people to go to Amaranth might not be the greatest idea. The maker(s) of amaranth insist on using a different, unofficial layout of cards. Again, it screams "DIY fan cards with unofficial text," not "cards updated with official texts."

More
25 Jul 2018 19:08 #89342 by Kraus

Let them know about Amaranth (since secret library isn't up to date) so they can read up on everything and maybe tinker around with making decks so they can better understand how the cards interact.

On the subject or amateurish appearance, telling people to go to Amaranth might not be the greatest idea. The maker(s) of amaranth insist on using a different, unofficial layout of cards. Again, it screams "DIY fan cards with unofficial text," not "cards updated with official texts."

Amaranth has an option for displaying official scans though. It could be worth it to have that option as primary, and (A) layouts toggled from settings.

Associating these sets with official licensing and releasing them physically printed goes a long way with getting people back on board with VTES; and attracting new players too.

I'll be surprised if I see anyone debating you on this one. Proper cards instead of paper prints = awesome, and excellent.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds