file So, I've been at it again... [Yet another background and layout thread]

14 Nov 2018 05:27 #91833 by self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2018 08:34 #91834 by Lönkka
I really like the little blood dots that bleed into the text boxes! And the small splatter on the fringes.

Also large font is definitely a plus.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
14 Nov 2018 20:01 #91836 by LivesByProxy
I didn't expect such an... in-depth response. :lol:

I'll will email you shortly, but about your take on the combat card:

Having the blood effects be part of the framing / background skin of the combat cards is a cool idea. I think you could take it a step further. I'll mock up something real quick. Also, I think it could be full art easily, as I see a lot of 'wasted' space bordering the art.

Also, you mentioned the borders of a card acting like a safe-zone for variabilities in cutting the cards and such, which is probably why VTES cards (and MTG among others) have borders. I just wanted to point out that I play several of FFG's LCGs (L5R, ANR, Arkham Horror) and all of them have borderless cards and I've never once seen a printing or cutting error. IDK if it is quality control or some secret technique, but by contrast, I own VTES cards with mis-cut borders. :lol:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
14 Nov 2018 20:27 #91837 by self biased
Ally card.

I have a conundrum, though. I didn't put the disciplines in the side bar for the combat card, because it's really not necessary to have that reminder on the side. However for clan requirements, the precedent is to have them on the side. There's a few cards that are playable by two clans, and there ain't enough real estate to have both icons on the side.

also, I have no idea what to border the picture and text box with at the moment (ideas would be welcome for this.

More
16 Nov 2018 01:47 #91843 by Boris The Blade

I have a conundrum, though. I didn't put the disciplines in the side bar for the combat card, because it's really not necessary to have that reminder on the side.

I disagree. That upper left band is the only part that is visible when the cards being held in a tight fold, so disciplines there are very useful to get a quick glance of one's hand. That is the reason why poker cards have their numbers repeated in the corners.

More
17 Nov 2018 15:45 #91856 by self biased

I disagree. That upper left band is the only part that is visible when the cards being held in a tight fold, so disciplines there are very useful to get a quick glance of one's hand. That is the reason why poker cards have their numbers repeated in the corners.

I get what you're saying, but it's still a redundancy that's been a legacy hold-over from the Jyhad days. The first 3-5 letters of the card name are generally visible in a tight fold, and there's still the card type and cost visible. Those elements could probably do the same job as extra discipline icons taking up space in that area. This also isn't something that totally breaks the design, either.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds