Tzimisce 2

Lasombra 1

Lasombra 2

Brujah

Toreador

Caitiff

Gangrel

Thoughts and criticisms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2018 00:28 #92200 by LivesByProxy
I think the textures are too abstract or not representative of the clan. The 1st Tzimisce vaguely implies skin and blood, maybe? It also looks rusty to me. The 2nd Tzimisce is green which I think should be the Gangrel color but the texture doesn't mean or tell me anything. The Lasombra has a skin that resembles snake scales when it's yellowish, but the purple is a good color for darkness and shadows, but then the snake scales don't work with it IMO. Never been a fan of the Brujah denim background, Toreador is just OK, Caitiff is... what is that even suppose to be? Gangrel one is probably the most accurate to what I personally would like to see: green color scheme, implied camouflage theme, but the texture looks too stoney, should probably be more leafy (implying forests and woodlands).

Here's a combat card I mocked up:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
03 Dec 2018 15:40 #92217 by self biased

I think the textures are too abstract or not representative of the clan. The 1st Tzimisce vaguely implies skin and blood, maybe? It also looks rusty to me. The 2nd Tzimisce is green which I think should be the Gangrel color but the texture doesn't mean or tell me anything. The Lasombra has a skin that resembles snake scales when it's yellowish, but the purple is a good color for darkness and shadows, but then the snake scales don't work with it IMO. Never been a fan of the Brujah denim background, Toreador is just OK, Caitiff is... what is that even suppose to be? Gangrel one is probably the most accurate to what I personally would like to see: green color scheme, implied camouflage theme, but the texture looks too stoney, should probably be more leafy (implying forests and woodlands).

Personally, I can accept that there's going to be an abstraction somewhere along the way and not everything is going to line up with my expectations as to how things 'ought' to be. case in point: you don't like the original Malkavian background or Brujah backgrounds, despite the fact they pretty effectively convey a theme. That's okay, too, but having there be a distinction and contrast to other backgrounds being used is important in the overall feel of the cards.

The purple Lasombra and red Tzimisce backgrounds are based off the originals found in Sabbat War and use elements that were in those backgrounds. The gold and green backgrounds are an attempt to reflect what the current color pallets are, while still paying homage to the original designs. Mileage may vary from person to person.

Here's a combat card I mocked up:

It looks nice and is a very fresh and modern take on the idea. I realize that it's a basic mock-up, but I'm not sure it jives with me personally because it looks like it came from some game that isn't V:tes. hitting that sweet spot between old and new is super challenging.

More
03 Dec 2018 16:19 #92220 by LivesByProxy

It looks nice and is a very fresh and modern take on the idea. I realize that it's a basic mock-up, but I'm not sure it jives with me personally because it looks like it came from some game that isn't V:tes. hitting that sweet spot between old and new is super challenging.

I understand that. I was inspired by some of the graphics I saw in the V5 demo. I'm not exactly sold on it myself, I feel like it needs more of... something. I forgot the white borders around the discipline icons too. The artwork was taken from the canceled WoD MMO. I was also trying mimic FFGs graphic designs.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
03 Dec 2018 16:52 #92225 by self biased
Master

Event.

one of the things that's perplexed me is that there's no icon for Master cards, and the icon for Events doesn't follow the established format for every other library card type, not to mention that Events are basically red Master cards without a distinct texture for themselves.

Event mk 2

@LivesByProxy In that you were successful in capturing that feel, but I'm not a fan of everything being at angles. Just my personal tastes though.

More
17 Sep 2019 11:25 - 17 Sep 2019 11:33 #97025 by Stéphane81
This seems to be a recent topic about custom cards. So I'm new here but an old user of our friend 'tochop. Our game is good but the templates are old school. So I'm searching for material and more specially for library cards layout .
My request is : does anyone can share the material ? or tell me where I can find some pieces ?
Last edit: 17 Sep 2019 11:33 by Stéphane81.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds