file Fears and concerns about V5

08 May 2019 21:32 #94834 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Fears and concerns about V5

I didn't know u were one of those filthy imbued guys.

One of the very most filthiest!

I can bring some scooby doo decks to origins for us.

It's unlikely that I'll be there. :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2019 21:38 #94835 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Fears and concerns about V5
Now me sad.

More
14 May 2019 11:38 #94895 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Fears and concerns about V5
I just want to point out that Black Chantry is aware of these issues (see for example this statement from design director Ben Peal www.vekn.net/forum/generic-v-tes-discussion/77165-as-predicted-by-somebody-lol-shit-hit-the-fan-again?start=0#91862 ). We of course appreciate all constructive feedback!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
15 May 2019 13:14 #94910 by ReverendRevolver

I just want to point out that Black Chantry is aware of these issues (see for example this statement from design director Ben Peal www.vekn.net/forum/generic-v-tes-discussion/77165-as-predicted-by-somebody-lol-shit-hit-the-fan-again?start=0#91862 ). We of course appreciate all constructive feedback!

I have (somewhere?) Threads listing metaplot and mechanical changes from the tail end of V20 through V5, if anyone is interested in digging through them.

However, everything BC has mentioned as an upcoming thing is only impacted slightly by V5 meta and mechanics. Anarchs and Cam both have Gangrel and Brujah. Setites can get si.e a arch love in print, but it's not much a stretch, given :ser: being on plenty of anarch 3way cards. Assamites inf all sects exist, so it's no stretch to print more Cam ones.

The next things to expect, from what's previously been said, are Anarch and Cam based. So while Hectate questions linger, they, not the Sabbat or anti clans were on the docket before Cam and Anarch, so theres plenty of time to see what happens.

As for new clan symbols, for kicks we could have special promos with new frames and those symbols, but from a practicality standpoint, not sure there's a point in changing.

More
15 May 2019 15:49 #94911 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Fears and concerns about V5

However, everything BC has mentioned as an upcoming thing is only impacted slightly by V5 meta and mechanics.

Discipline changes are beyond huge. Take my personal favorite clan to lose with, ravnos. Lets say so new chimerstry cards are made and no new vampires are made with chimerstry (because all of a sudden vampires realized it didn't exist). We have a discipline and a clan that are bottom of the basement garbage that wont get new cards to ever make it useful or new vamps to finish some of the holes in grp 5 and 6.

Might as well just burn all your ravnos or chimerstry cards as they will just get worse as Ben does the only thing possible in a game not subject to balancing, pushing the envelope until it breaks. And ravnos/chimerstry are not at all the only clan/discipline in this situation, just my long suffering friends.

This game is a special kind of odd when the idea of fixing dominate or pentex makes people shit their pants but actually massive changes like discipline rotation are just kind of ignored.

More
15 May 2019 18:45 #94916 by TwoRazorReign

This game is a special kind of odd when the idea of fixing dominate or pentex makes people shit their pants but actually massive changes like discipline rotation are just kind of ignored.

There's a lot to unpack here.

1. the idea of "fixing" Pentex and dominate makes people "shit their pants" because most fixes don't actually fix anything if you really stop and think about it. That's why neither thing has ever been "fixed" despite years and years of being targets 1 and 1A of "fixing" whatever is wrong with VTES. (Go ahead and try to suggest a fix for either and there will likely be pages upon pages of newsgroup posts giving reasons why that particular fix is a bad idea. Trust me when I tell you it's not that everybody opposing fixes to either is wrong and has been wrong for 20 years, it's that there are seriously no reasonable fixes that wouldn't muck everything up).

2. Massive changes like discipline rotation, if they even happen, do not appear to be (1) a design choice and (2) something that's being actively considered. These instead appear to be (1) a reaction to changes of source material coming from whoever produced V5 and (2) something that is being clarified with those above because it currently seems impossible to marry V5 with VTES as currently produced.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds