file Fears and concerns about V5

15 May 2019 19:45 #94918 by AceFranklin
V5 has some very deep seated problems and I would be very hesitant to adapt any changes to VTES if I were Black Chantry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2019 21:20 #94921 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Fears and concerns about V5
@2rain

The notion that a game as over bloated as this doesn't have any issues is not even moderately logical.

Ben literally told me that he was instructed to not make anything with chimersrty. They dont know what to do about v5.

More
15 May 2019 21:51 #94922 by LivesByProxy

V5 has some very deep seated problems and I would be very hesitant to adapt any changes to VTES if I were Black Chantry.

Frankly, VTM has some very deep seated problems that should have been corrected a long time ago.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
15 May 2019 23:24 #94923 by TwoRazorReign

@2rain

The notion that a game as over bloated as this doesn't have any issues is not even moderately logical.

Did I say there weren't any issues? No. What I said was there are no fixes that will work. That's an entirely different point than the one you just put in my mouth. :)

Ben literally told me that he was instructed to not make anything with chimersrty. They dont know what to do about v5.

Again, see my previous response. It is therefore a reactionary design choice rather than proactive one which will, eventually, get sorted out. Either the current plan of just building onto the VTES as currently produced will be scrapped, or somebody will have to acquiesce their stance over there in V5 land. Because the doomsday scenario of just not making incorporating any more Ravnos/Chimerstry is profoundly dumb unless starting from scratch. Rather, incorporating anything from V5 that strays far from current VTES source material is profoundly dumb unless starting from scratch. So I'm thinking either a new game should be produced, or VTES should stay rather stagnant for a long, long time.

More
16 May 2019 00:27 #94925 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Fears and concerns about V5
Profoundly dumb thi gs happen all the time.

More
16 May 2019 07:31 #94926 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Fears and concerns about V5

This game is a special kind of odd when the idea of fixing dominate or pentex makes people shit their pants but actually massive changes like discipline rotation are just kind of ignored.

Heh, kinda on the mark there, but I think the reason people haven't yet gone apes**t from the possible changes related to V5 is that these have yet to happen. Or even previewed. Or discussed (by BCP).

If major changes are about to happen I'm pretty darned sure this'll let loose a veritable s**tstorm.

" Beware my friends, s**twinds are a-comin'! "

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds