file Fears and concerns about V5

18 May 2019 09:12 #94944 by Bloodartist

Frankly, VTM has some very deep seated problems that should have been corrected a long time ago.

Word. But that doesn't mean I agree with the lore changes they are making with V5.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2019 18:23 #94951 by ReverendRevolver

This game is a special kind of odd when the idea of fixing dominate or pentex makes people shit their pants but actually massive changes like discipline rotation are just kind of ignored.

Heh, kinda on the mark there, but I think the reason people haven't yet gone apes**t from the possible changes related to V5 is that these have yet to happen. Or even previewed. Or discussed (by BCP).

If major changes are about to happen I'm pretty darned sure this'll let loose a veritable s**tstorm.

" Beware my friends, s**twinds are a-comin'! "

Nothing BC said was in the pipeline to exist recently had anything to do with Ravnos or :chi: . Regardless of V5 handling of either, the stuff from AU and TU will still exist, and is in line for print.

Regardless of what happens, we have a backstory that is inconsistent with vtes and vtm (anything out of Red Death) and the current non-absolute into ABSOLUTELY BONED meta thing requires dust to settle before it's worth investing things to cards.
Source material has been getting retcons and revisions since second edition VTM, VTES bans and erratta aren't supposed to be as much of an "oops, let's start over" type free for all, because the cards are supposed to keep being usable.

Both BC and Paradox have a vested interest in knowing this and understanding that VTES has very finite flexibility.

Currently the most VTES impactful thing is handling the Sabbat in the meta. Malks with :DOM: , the ravnos, :nec: & :obt: / :pro: & :ser: / :tha: & :qui: , the new clan of death, all matter. But we are approaching Anarch and Cam stuff, and know Assamites are in cam, some gangrel and brujah remain, and the Tremere are hit hard but still in.

I will be waiting until something actually happens to anger me before getting angry.

More
18 May 2019 18:57 #94952 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Fears and concerns about V5

V5 has some very deep seated problems and I would be very hesitant to adapt any changes to VTES if I were Black Chantry.

Please tell us more.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
26 Jun 2019 09:14 #95619 by Tadori
Replied by Tadori on topic Fears and concerns about V5
I think the easiest way is to make a new group of Vampires for V5 with new disciplines and print cards for them in new expansion All that was in the past will be still ok for old groups and you will have a clear and smooth transition in to V5.
Also this will create another gameplay options for this clans.

More
17 Jul 2019 19:26 #95875 by Charles_Bronson
My greatest concern is if they are not making any more disciplines or clan cards that were discontinued in V5.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
18 Jul 2019 06:23 - 18 Jul 2019 06:33 #95890 by Tadori
Replied by Tadori on topic Fears and concerns about V5

My greatest concern is if they are not making any more disciplines or clan cards that were discontinued in V5.

I think they have a huge field to be creative about this. You can have 3 effect on card with two effects for old discipline and 1 for new one.You can also Ignore new disciplines and create cards that require both of old ones. You can create a completely new discipline icon for example :tha:/:qui: that will allow you to play an effect if you have one of them. They can also write in the rules that if a card requires new discipline it can also be used if you have one of old disciplines on a vampire.. This are a few ideas that come to mind just like that I'm sure there is more options.

So if they want to continue printing old ones I don't see a bigger problem.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 06:33 by Tadori.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds