file Multi deck possibilité for 12+ players tournaments

20 Apr 2021 12:23 #102074 by Ankha

Let's behave like any rightful players association. Let's use ELO ratings.

The topic is not about how the rating is calculated, but if the same rating should apply to different types of tournaments.
I am not in favor of using the same rating for different types of tournaments since it would defeat the purpose of rating. The purpose of rating is to see how a player compares with another with as little variation as possible outside the players' skills. It would be like using the same rating in chess for blitz or standard.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2021 04:02 #102081 by smeeag
For me even more important is contamination of TWDA, because deck winning tournament will be not the deck best for the entire tournament, but just best among 5 decks on the final table.

More
21 Apr 2021 13:19 - 21 Apr 2021 13:20 #102089 by lip
I was joking with the ELO thing - It's not a rating we could use in a multi-player game like V:tES.

I must agree with Ankha and smeeag here - I mean, why not a new sanctioned form of tournaments, but this has to be a separated rating and deck archive.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2021 13:20 by lip.

More
21 Apr 2021 22:42 #102091 by Vlad

For me even more important is contamination of TWDA, because deck winning tournament will be not the deck best for the entire tournament, but just best among 5 decks on the final table.

Sorry on my phone i can't get out of the Quote Zone. Here's my answer to you Smeeag : 

So let's not put them in the TWDA. 

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
21 Apr 2021 22:44 #102092 by Vlad

Let's behave like any rightful players association. Let's use ELO ratings.

The topic is not about how the rating is calculated, but if the same rating should apply to different types of tournaments.
I am not in favor of using the same rating for different types of tournaments since it would defeat the purpose of rating. The purpose of rating is to see how a player compares with another with as little variation as possible outside the players' skills. It would be like using the same rating in chess for blitz or standard.

And my question is why this choice of 11 and not 20 or 50 or any non NC or CC ?
As long as players want to play like that ?

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
22 Apr 2021 05:50 #102093 by smeeag
With 11 players there are only 2 tables, and so multi-decking allow to:

1) Extend presented archetypes
It's not necessarily good to artificially widen it as it's a part of preparation to the tournament to forecast metagame and take best-fitting deck.
But with small number of attendee, chances quite high it will be just a matter of luck that you get perfectly fit for the meta (or opposite).

2) It makes rounds less boring :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds