file Multi deck possibilité for 12+ players tournaments

18 Apr 2021 06:42 #102059 by lip
Well but smeeag is right - I thought your point was about sanctioned tournaments. You can multi decks already in an unsanctioned one.

The point is still important for larger sanctioned tournaments. For example the 2020 world championship, although online and unsanctioned, used a multideck 6 rounds system and had more than a hundred participants - it still made the newsletter and was a great final to watch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2021 07:52 #102060 by Vlad
I don't ask for NAC or EC to become Multi Deck but why a Big Tournament couldn't earn rating points with the Multi Deck système, as you said with the 2020 World Championship it was used. The winner was even THE WORLD CHAMPION, so why couldn't he/she had earnt rating points ?

I simply ask for the possibility to sanction a Tournament with Multi Deck option for more than 11 players.

And you gave me the perfect exemple of one that 100s of players enjoyed...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
18 Apr 2021 19:52 - 18 Apr 2021 19:53 #102061 by Timo
OK...

What is the goal of having points of rating ?

The obvious answer seems to be : "to rate players" no ?

So why rate different kind of tournament in the same place ?

Playing a multi-deck tournament IS a different kind of tournament.

For 10- players tourneys, it doesn't have an heavy weight on the rating because small tournaments have small coefficient.

But if you want to have fun, you don't need to sanction a tournament (and it has been done all around the world time and time again...)

So again, why rate everything in the same system ? If the rating is important to you, you will probably play more than 2 to 3 local tournaments a year and you will not need to have multideck tournament with 20+ players and if the rating is not important to you and you want multi deck tournament, why not ask to your local playgroup if they are OK with that and organize one (unsanctionned).
Last edit: 18 Apr 2021 19:53 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

More
20 Apr 2021 00:14 #102070 by Vlad

@ Tim & Ezra : Can you please read again my previous message and this one from Boris.
And if there are some words or concepts that you don't fully understand, don't hesitate to ask for explanations. 
Because repeating that you are against the possibility to get rating points for 11 or less players and not for 12+ is the question.

Why not choosing a limit of 20 or 50 or a NC or CC ?

That is my question. 

The same that I asked Floppy (then Rules Director and French Coordinatrice) why no proxies for every Tournament ? I was told : "We dunno what Paradox thinks about it". So I told him to ask them once and for all, and maybe 2 weeks later we all could play proxies until the game came back into printing. 

Why do you seem to fear a so little change ? 
You don't have to organize Multi Deck, you simply can...

Thx for reading, good night / day. 

Vlad

This was Boris the Blade message (but I kinda misclicked somewhere on my phone so the quoting part seems to have failed)

The question is not the pros and cons of multi-deck tournaments but whether such a rule should be centrally enforced. Why would a rule team on the other side of the world assume they know what the local players want better than the tournament organizer? There are many places in the world where tournaments are (or at least were before the Plague) the only tabletop scene left. Those tournaments are bound to look very different from the competitive events of a big city with multiple weekly games.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
20 Apr 2021 08:12 - 20 Apr 2021 08:17 #102071 by Timo

@ Tim & Ezra : Can you please read again my previous message and this one from Boris.
And if there are some words or concepts that you don't fully understand, don't hesitate to ask for explanations. 

First thing first : you don't have to be condescending when someone answer a question you ask in a public forum and the answer is not to your liking.

And the answers I gave was (and still is) :

Playing a multi-deck tournament IS a different kind of tournament.

And so in my opinion should be rated in a different place.

As it is, the rating system as some flaws (again, "in my opinion", I don't think my point of view is universal but it was asked). It is not a good reason to add other flaws to it...

And yes, I understand that if your proposal was accepted, I would not have to play in such tournaments but I would have to be ranked in a rating system that mix different kind of tournament.

And about the why this question should be "centrally enforced", because if you begin to rate different kind of tournament in the same rating system, the system has no value whatsoever...
Last edit: 20 Apr 2021 08:17 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

More
20 Apr 2021 11:10 #102073 by lip
Let's behave like any rightful players association. Let's use ELO ratings.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds