file Multi deck possibilité for 12+ players tournaments

25 Apr 2021 02:19 #102143 by Vlad
They are already rated !!
But only for 11 or less players.
I dunno what you mean with your question, really.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2021 20:38 #102146 by Timo

They are already rated !!
But only for 11 or less players.
I dunno what you mean with your question, really.

What I ask is why having point of rating is important to you ?

And yes, why having 20+ players multi deck tournament with rating point is important to you ?

And also, because of what you wrote on the other thread : why you would like to change this limit to the rating of tournament and not other kind of limits (like for example the numer of player on each table or the number of card allowed in a deck ?

More
27 Apr 2021 05:37 #102160 by Vlad

The question is not the pros and cons of multi-deck tournaments but whether such a rule should be centrally enforced. Why would a rule team on the other side of the world assume they know what the local players want better than the tournament organizer? There are many places in the world where tournaments are (or at least were before the Plague) the only tabletop scene left. Those tournaments are bound to look very different from the competitive events of a big city with multiple weekly games.

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

More
27 Apr 2021 05:48 #102161 by Vlad
I hope this will answer your question Timo.

I don't ask for myself or for my rating points.

If "little" Multi Deck tournaments are authorized, why this 11 limit ?

And why keeping it seems SO important ?

At some point Vekn ruled it can be sanctioned, so my simple question is why was this 11 limit chosen and is not changeable today ?

We are playing (Well we were) with proxies in all non NC / CC tournaments so what could be so horrible to change that limit ?

As I said, it could be 20 or 50 or the same than for proxies, I don t care. But what is the problem if some playgroups want to play once in a while a Multi Deck Tournament, have fun AND rating points ???

Is there a link between those points and some revenue in bitcoins that I am not aware of ??? Lol

That way to Always say No to changes seems so "medieval" to me..

Are you afraid that someone will play lots and lots of Multi Deck tournaments and get so much rating points that he will be the World Number 1 ?!?

So what ?

Play more than him/her/they and it's settled...

Have a good day and thanks for reading (you Timothée and all others of course).

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

More
27 Apr 2021 20:00 #102178 by Ankha

The question is still not answered, lol...

Why ?

And Why 11 and not any other options ?

I suppose it is to mitigate the fact that in a tournament with less than 12 players, you are bound to play 2 or 3 times with the same players, and changing decks allow to avoid the same deck configurations repeating themselves.
Awarding rating points is a consolation prize when you've travelled a lot and discover than only 8 players show up, and since the coefficient is < 1 (from 0.02 to 0.77, see www.vekn.net/rating-system), it doesn't have a big impact compared to not rating them.

However, the rating system is only meaningful when applied to the same category of tournament. Ratings for other types of tournament (eg., a multi-deck) would have to go in another category that doesn't exist currently (and probably never will).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
28 Apr 2021 07:16 #102180 by Vlad
Ok thank you for this full and understandable answer.

This still makes me sad that it can't be changed but Life is Life ;)

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds