file Should Hag's Wrinkles have an errata?

13 Mar 2024 07:27 #110898 by Oracle.kid
Since proxies are legal in the majority of tournaments and / or there is a relevant amount of games online, the accessability of any card is effectively not limited.
Also, Hag's Wrinkle is likely to get added to DTC / gamepod.

So rarity isn't really a factor here imo :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2024 09:39 #110899 by Thalco
Get yourself a raven spy, those 20 actions become very taxing for the player then

:malk:. Prince of Liverpool and UK NC

More
13 Mar 2024 11:40 #110904 by Lönkka
Didn't someone play such a deck at Iberian Grand Prix just last weekend? Or have I misunderstood something...

Would be interesting to hear comments from the people who were on the same tables! As well as to see how well this _threatening_ deck did and how much it affected the time it took to play those tables it was participating!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Mar 2024 21:42 #110909 by skimflux

Didn't someone play such a deck at Iberian Grand Prix just last weekend? Or have I misunderstood something...

Would be interesting to hear comments from the people who were on the same tables! As well as to see how well this _threatening_ deck did and how much it affected the time it took to play those tables it was participating!

Yes, the deck was at the Iberian GP - it was used by the same player that took it to the final of the Atlantic Cup. At the GP it didn't get any GWs but it was very close in a couple of rounds.

I've seen him play it several times and IMO the deck is a glass cannon: often devastating, but nearly as likely to crash and burn at the wrong/right table.

Regarding the duration of its turns I don't think I've heard any complaints - in the right hands all those actions go by fairly fast.

More
13 Mar 2024 21:55 #110911 by skimflux

Get yourself a raven spy, those 20 actions become very taxing for the player then

Intercept can be effective against the equip actions, but Hag's Wrinkles also gives +1 stealth so you'll need more than just one Raven Spy.

More
14 Mar 2024 04:24 - 14 Mar 2024 04:24 #110912 by kschaefer

Intercept can be effective against the equip actions, but Hag's Wrinkles also gives +1 stealth so you'll need more than just one Raven Spy.

Indeed, it's designed to flow through the deck on turn 2, if it has 3+ starting transfers (which is 60% of games). You're not taking an action to get a Raven Spy before it starts. Once the equipment is in play, the deck transfers it without action to Hesha on turn 3, who can immediately start bleeding for 24+.

Yes, it is a glass cannon (from another comment), but one the mitigates the intercept problem through sheer speed.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2024 04:24 by kschaefer.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds