file Should Hag's Wrinkles have an errata?

22 Mar 2024 08:58 #110971 by Azel
A Promo card having poor wording causing problems? Perish the thought, that's never happened before! ;) I think we should fix everything around the problem except for what started it! -- or maybe not. :(

Yeah, Kilrauko has the right of it. If the problem started with the Promo, the problem is the Promo. Doesn't seem like a pressing critical problem to the metagame, so the Design Team and Rules Team has time to watch it develop. But Promos do have a history of being a little loosey-goosey in design and then needing to be swatted back down.

Fixing it to up to +3 bleed is not a horrific nerf. It is still strong, targetable for Archon Investigation for the greedy, and speeds up the game. In fact, such a restriction would probably turn a glass cannon deck into something more robust since it'll have all these spare slots to fortify its deck weaknesses. Once the allure of excess is gone, things would settle back down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2024 23:57 #110994 by kschaefer

A Promo card having poor wording causing problems? Perish the thought, that's never happened before! ;) I think we should fix everything around the problem except for what started it! -- or maybe not. :(

Yeah, Kilrauko has the right of it. If the problem started with the Promo, the problem is the Promo. Doesn't seem like a pressing critical problem to the metagame, so the Design Team and Rules Team has time to watch it develop. But Promos do have a history of being a little loosey-goosey in design and then needing to be swatted back down.

Fixing it to up to +3 bleed is not a horrific nerf. It is still strong, targetable for Archon Investigation for the greedy, and speeds up the game. In fact, such a restriction would probably turn a glass cannon deck into something more robust since it'll have all these spare slots to fortify its deck weaknesses. Once the allure of excess is gone, things would settle back down.

WTF? Hesha G6 is not a promo card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trochomancy

More
25 Mar 2024 08:32 #111002 by angrynewb
I have to agree with Igor. If we follow the Una logic, this card and probably all other free unlocks need errata. Now, in the hands of Sergio, its not a problem timewise. he goes through his whole deck in about 10-15min, which is very acceptable given that he have much faster turns after. the deck also gurantees a fast oust. (either he or someone else will die). BUT in the hands of "normal" players it would be like the same as Una taking 40-50min turns. the only thing that "safes" us from it beeing played more often, is the rarity of Hags Wrinkles, and people not aware of the power of the deck. but if rarity is not a factor, i really think those free unlocks need errata before we enter a new era of "Una".
The following user(s) said Thank You: ur_vampire, beslin igor

More
25 Mar 2024 11:35 #111006 by Lönkka
I'm am not convinced that this is a problem before it starts wrecking havoc in tournament scene with timeouts and/or tournament wins.

AFAIK, neither has exactly been trending...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Mar 2024 15:12 #111007 by angrynewb
i think we can and should use our past experience with Una decks. and not wait until the car crashes before we fix it. i also dont think the Una change was because of its great success in tournaments or because you would see it so often. maybe someone with Una errata experience can chime in and explain why Una needed errata, but Hesha deck would be fine.

More
27 Mar 2024 11:34 #111019 by Lönkka
Maybe because the Hag's Wrinkles deck hasn't really been proven to be problematic yet?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds