times The Unaligned: Previews

08 Oct 2014 19:00 #66241 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Just have to comment on some of this, because it´s so strange.

Rewilding
Rating: 3
Somewhat narrow card, though very powerful in what it does, and most decks run at least some locations so its rarely a dead card.

The card sucks. As do Arson and Rampage. Cards like this needs more effects to be playable. Haunt is ok (if you have locations to protect), as is Conceal.

Zephyr
Rating: 3
This is really odd multiacting, but it is still multiacting, which never hurts. Obviously its best in decks without much stealth, like say toreador, still not really sure how much play it will see.

Act. Get blocked. Zephyr at inferior. Majesty. Act. Untap at end of turn. Fun.

Priority Contract
Rating: 4
This card is great, trifle contract with built-in quite generous poolgain for dunking the target, this should make assamite combat quite a bit stronger archetype, and will likely replace provision of the silsila in all decks since they can't both be used at same time I believe.

The trifleness makes this playable, but it being usable only forward is a BIG drawback.

Dam the Heart's River
Rating: 5
This card can single-handledly make assamites to actually prefer quietus over weapons as their main combat module, very well designed card.

5?!! Why?!

Sanguine Entrapment
Rating: 2
I guess lot of people are excited about this card, I am however not, its almost in the Sanguinary Wind level of narrowness, I would have liked it so much more if it would have also given a manuever or even a press. But as it is, I doubt I will play this ever, its just too narrow effect to be worth a card.

Played Immortal Grapple some time? Hell, this card makes all Assmates prerange stuff playble, maybe even Thin Blood.

Focus the Blood
Rating: 4
Inner Essence for assamites, this is very nice and helps to offset the blood costs in most quietus cards quite nicely.

Notice that it stays on the vamp if not used = way superior to Inner Essence.

Suspension of Disbelief
Rating: 5
This card will pretty much replace computer hacking in all Ravnos decks, very nice card that is going to see lot of play.

What Ravnos deck use Computer Hacking?

Hall of Mirrors
This is again a bit narrow card, it can at least be used as manuever, but its main downfall is that its only usable in the first round, and most ravnos combat modules are built around press combat, making it quite awkward to use.

Narrow?!! Manuever is great, AND you can both use it to avoid dangerous strikes and cancelling s:ce. This card is better than Deathseeker.

Gianna di Canneto
Not really convinced of this one, its basically a neighbourhood watch commander that costs pool instead of blood, but does also come with 1 bleed, not sure if its worth a slot in most decks, probably will be mostly seen in khazar's diary decks.

I really can´t complain on this one - just compare stats and cost to Felix Fix Hessian! And it´s ability is very useful for removing that annoying Assault Rifle (1 pool vs 5 pool), Sniper Rifle, Eye of Hazimel or Talbot´s Chainsaw. The other ability is just plain better than Neighborhood Watch Commander, which only can be used when blocking.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2014 19:20 #66244 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Dam the Heart's River is pretty much in the power level of Carrion Crows, aka the combat card you want to play in your every combat because you can base your whole combat package around it. It even makes mono-quietus combat viable, so thats definetily a 5 in my opinion.

More
08 Oct 2014 19:29 #66247 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

Dam the Heart's River is pretty much in the power level of Carrion Crows, aka the combat card you want to play in your every combat because you can base your whole combat package around it. It even makes mono-quietus combat viable, so thats definetily a 5 in my opinion.

More like torn signpost level, not CC. It doesn't help you deal with long range combat directly, at best they have to burn 1 blood to strike, nor it have in-discipline short-combat-chain yet. On the other hand, it helps against s:ce by itself.

Btw how many counters are burned from wws when used with dem, 2 or 3?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
08 Oct 2014 19:46 #66249 by Klaital

More like torn signpost level, not CC. It doesn't help you deal with long range combat directly, at best they have to burn 1 blood to strike, nor it have in-discipline short-combat-chain yet. On the other hand, it helps against s:ce by itself.

Btw how many counters are burned from wws when used with dem, 2 or 3?

3 counters are burned, assuming vampire with 1 strength. And quietus does have short chain combat, dam the heart's river, thin blood. That is very effective short chain combat, makes them lose minimum of 3 blood if they want to strike, all of which happens before any strikes resolve, and if they don't s:ce or dodge you hit them for minimum of 2 more with your hand strike.

More
08 Oct 2014 20:07 #66251 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
It's 5 blood lost vs 2 yours, assuming range is close against dummie. CC + aids is 6 vs 1, as is TS + Pursuit.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great card, but it don't have the same combo as cc. Except this + Carrion Crows + Aids for 5 normal damage, 1 blood loss if enemy want to strike and no hitback thanks to long range, add in press for 12 vs 1 out of 3 cards for ultimate value. Now, finding :ANI: :QUI: isn't easy, but ...

Dem+Blur means 6+1 damage for 1 blood plus hitback. Dem plus Pursuit is 4+1 damage with option to go long range and taste of death. Dem + WWS is't stupid either, especially if you sport bbt, too.

Ovearall, dem made mono-qui option to consider.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
08 Oct 2014 20:14 #66253 by Klaital
Yeah I am planning on also running lot of focus the blood with the aforementioned combo, which makes my guy break even in blood, thats assuming the opponent actually pays the blood to strike, I would imagine if they are just going to do h1 they might instead opt to not strike at all in hopes of you not being able to torpor them. Thin Blood also combos great with dam in that if you empty them with thin blood, then they can't strike at all, and with how much people like taking most of the blood from their vampires with villein, its not really all that far-fetched scenario.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds