file Newbie - looking for an old "how to play" animation

31 Mar 2016 19:28 #76151 by Darik_grey
Hello vampire people! I played this game once or twice back in the halcyon days of the 1990s CCG boom. Back then I remember finding an animation online (a Flash animation, I think) that showed you how to play this game step by step - you'd click the "next" button and it would show you what happens when a bleed resolves, how combat cards work, etc. etc.

Recently, I saw the Barbed Wire pre-made decks for sale on eBay and I have a few folks in my current gaming group who are willing to give V:TES another try all these years later in May. I was hoping to buy the Barbed Wire decks, everyone pick a clan, watch the animation and then go at it.

But does anyone here have a link to that or a similar "how to play" demonstration still?

Thanks,

The world is a vampire...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2016 20:00 #76155 by Damnans
Hello!

I think this is the animated demo you are looking for:
www.vekn.net/what-is-v-tes/old-vtes-demo

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darik_grey

More
31 Mar 2016 20:10 #76156 by Darik_grey
And so it is! Now I can even print it out, thanks so much!

The world is a vampire...

More
31 Mar 2016 20:36 #76158 by brettscho
There are a few other resources that you might find useful, including the new player section that recently got posted on this site, which you can find here.

I'm also in the process of writing a quick-start guide for VTES, which will come in three parts (how minions work, the turn order, and combat). I just published the Combat article on my blog here. The other two parts are being written as we speak and they'll be released on my blog in the coming weeks.

I've also opened up my collection to new players including demo decks (my blog has an article on each of them), and clan support kits with cards to customize one of the decks. I've made sure to sprinkle in some expensive staple cards into both of them. The clan support kits would also work splendidly with the Barbed Wire Project decks, so it's something that you might consider if you want some extra cards to start building your own decks. You can find more info about that here.

And finally, welcome back to the game! Great to have you!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
01 Apr 2016 10:35 #76173 by Lönkka
I think that such newbie friendly tutorials and such should be very prominently displayed and clearly marked in this very site.

Like the most visible thing...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, D-dennis, brettscho

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Apr 2016 16:02 #76185 by brettscho
I rather agree.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds