file Newbie - looking for an old "how to play" animation

02 Apr 2016 11:07 #76203 by Damnans

I think that such newbie friendly tutorials and such should be very prominently displayed and clearly marked in this very site.

Like the most visible thing...

Like this? (please, check the home page now).

If anyone has time to produce a better banner, please send it to me and I will put it up instead of the current one.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, D-dennis, brettscho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 15:27 #76208 by brettscho
Looking awesome! Thanks again!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
04 Apr 2016 21:06 - 04 Apr 2016 21:09 #76240 by Lönkka

Like this? (please, check the home page now)..

Already did.
Noticed it immediately when I visited the site so seems to be working just how I'd want.

Well done!

If anyone has time to produce a better banner, please send it to me and I will put it up instead of the current one.

While not amazingly great, if does its job.
If you want to tweak it I think the background image could use a little bit more green (not too much so the text is still VERY visible).

Good stuff. Thanks!

EDIT:
I noticed that at "4. Where can I acquire cards?" Fantasiapelit is listed as selling only to EU.

This is plain wrong. Fantasiapelit is very willing to anyone anywhere willing to cough up the cash.:D
(sorry about the horrendous postage though, Finnish Post Office is unfortunately known for very steep pricing, bordering on ridiculous...)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 21:09 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Apr 2016 21:14 #76242 by Lönkka
Similarily, I would increase the visibility of our PDF sets.

If you don't know they exists, you're most likely not going to find them in these pages.
If you do know about them, it takes a good long while cruising around to locate them (= not good).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Apr 2016 13:52 #76258 by Brum

Similarily, I would increase the visibility of our PDF sets.

If you don't know they exists, you're most likely not going to find them in these pages.
If you do know about them, it takes a good long while cruising around to locate them (= not good).

I second this and would propose that the way to use the print sets be set in the rules.
The "rule of thumb" should become rule of law. :)

Also, please add Maleficia and Striga to the rules.
Or at least change the text in

Maleficia and Striga: Two new Disciplines that are only available to infernal vampires. The same way that Caitiff is not a clan, these are not true Disciplines, however (so just like "Caitiff" cannot be chosen for Consanguineous Boon, Ian Forestal couldn't use his ability to meet a Striga requirement, for example, nor could Maleficia be chosen as one of the Great Beast's Disciplines).

to something like:

Maleficia and Striga: Two new requirements to play some cards that are only available to infernal vampires. The same way that Caitiff is not a clan, these are not Disciplines. E. g. just like "Caitiff" cannot be chosen for Consanguineous Boon, Ian Forestal couldn't use his ability to meet a Striga requirement, for example, nor could Maleficia be chosen as one of the Great Beast's Disciplines.
Similar to disciplines, a vampire can gain up to two levels of Maleficia and/or Striga and cards with these requirements might have two levels (inferior <Maleficia inf Icon> and <Striga info icon> or superior <Maleficia sup Icon> and <Striga sup icon>.

More
05 Apr 2016 14:50 #76261 by Damnans

If you want to tweak it I think the background image could use a little bit more green (not too much so the text is still VERY visible).

Done.

EDIT:
I noticed that at "4. Where can I acquire cards?" Fantasiapelit is listed as selling only to EU.

This is plain wrong. Fantasiapelit is very willing to anyone anywhere willing to cough up the cash.:D
(sorry about the horrendous postage though, Finnish Post Office is unfortunately known for very steep pricing, bordering on ridiculous...)

That information has been updated accordingly.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds