file Keywords?

14 Nov 2016 21:28 #78972 by xXLazarusXx
Replied by xXLazarusXx on topic Keywords?
I started this thread looking for a neat list of all the fun new toys we had, and it devolved into something completly different.

I see new keywords as an advantage for future decks, themes and cards. Maybe that's just me, but it works in the games that implimented it. Mostly for the reasons above. Space - saved. More room for abilities to set vampires apart.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2016 23:20 #78977 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Keywords?

I started this thread looking for a neat list of all the fun new toys we had, and it devolved into something completly different.

I see new keywords as an advantage for future decks, themes and cards. Maybe that's just me, but it works in the games that implimented it. Mostly for the reasons above. Space - saved. More room for abilities to set vampires apart.

So, the reason why the thread has "devolved into something completely different" is that people chose this thread to voice their opinions about changes being made to the cards. I think people feel similarly as you do that keywords can be an advantage when done well. The problem is, it's not really being done well with VTES for the reasons given in this thread. And hence the de-evolution of the thread. I apologize that your expectation of the thread staying on topic is not being met.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xXLazarusXx

More
15 Nov 2016 02:17 - 15 Nov 2016 03:34 #78982 by xXLazarusXx
Replied by xXLazarusXx on topic Keywords?
Edit. Origional quippy post deleted by user.
I think that it's fine you chose this forum to vent your frustrations on. That's fine with me, in fact I couldn't think of a better place! So "devolve" away,
But!
To state again.
Still need an updated list of official keywords,
Thanks.

(Edit: Rulebook section 11: Special terms is kinda what I'm after. If it just includes fae it's not that a big of a deal, thanks.)

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2016 03:34 by xXLazarusXx.

More
15 Nov 2016 03:16 #78985 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Keywords?
I can give you a list of keywords I'd like to see to save space and give more physical design space:
Rush: "enter combat with"
Vigilant: "may play reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped"
Aversion-{trait}: Minion with Aversion cannot block {trait} such as Phillip Rigaud would read "Aversion-Undirected actions." Tyler McGill "Aversion-Nosferatu"

Also, simpler ways to show abilities, Arcadian :blood: : (d) bleed at +1 stealth and plus one bleed. Its small, but it eliminates "the Arcadian may~as a~action that costs one blood"
Things like that, cost colon what you bought. Xavier :blood: :blood: : +2 strength until.... You get the idea.

"Fae" didn't seem high on the list, but maybe we get really wordy Kiasyd soon.....
AFAIK, Fae is the only keyword not searchable on secret library except:
Blood Cursed
Scarce
Sterile
Bahari
Since red list, infernal, black hand, seraph, slave,flight et al are searchable and anything else is something to do with political affiliations.

More
16 Nov 2016 06:32 #79016 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Keywords?

To state again.
Still need an updated list of official keywords,
Thanks.

(Edit: Rulebook section 11: Special terms is kinda what I'm after. If it just includes fae it's not that a big of a deal, thanks.)

You're asking a simple question that has a complicated answer. :)

www.vekn.net/forum/generic-v-tes-discussion/75121-crypt-card-redesign?start=126#78311

Keyword: Not defined or referenced in the rulebook. It's a general term in gaming.
Trait: Only referenced in the rulebook in the rules for the special term Vulnerability. The only trait is Cold Iron.
Attribute: Clan and discipline symbols go in the attribute bar of a crypt card. Attribute is also referenced in the rules for Anarch vampires - the only attribute is Anarch.
Term: Terms are the proposed results of a successful referendum. Special terms are (traits/attributes/keywords/terms) that have special rules associated with them in the rulebook.

All other (traits/attributes/keywords/terms) such as Black Hand, Seraph, mortal, ghoul, animal, and Gehenna are not defined in the rulebook as being a trait, attribute, keyword, or term. We've clearly gotten along just fine without such a definition, but from a hard-coding perspective, it would be good to define them.

I propose the following terminology:

Keyword: Remains not defined in the rules. Just a general term in gaming.
Atttibute: Only refers to the attribute bar, where clan, discipline, and Advanced icons are displayed.
Terms: Only refers to the proposed result of a successful referendum.
Trait: All of the keywords, such as Black Hand, Seraph, mortal, ghoul, animal and Gehenna. Also includes "special traits", which are those listed in the "special terms" section of the rulebook (simply renaming "special term" to "special trait").

Note that by these definitions, things like "+1 strength" and "+1 intercept" are not traits. They remain abilities provided to a vampire in its card text.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds