exclamation-circle Limited Edition V:TES Anthology Set Announced for European Championships in Berlin

24 Dec 2016 14:42 #79731 by jamesatzephyr

I agree the set should only be available to those who attend the Berlin tournament.

But... that's not happening.

From the announcement:
Each participant of the convention will receive a copy of the set as part of their registration fee, and they will have the opportunity to pre-order additional sets to be collected at the event.

People who don't attend will get people who do attend to buy sets for them. There may be a limit - one extra sets, three extra sets, who knows - but I can predict with total certainty that some of those additional sets will get into the hands of people who don't attend Berlin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2016 14:45 - 24 Dec 2016 14:49 #79732 by ruiza97
Right. If i attend the event, i intend on acquiring sets for my friends who couldn't make the trip. Is that a problem?

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
Last edit: 24 Dec 2016 14:49 by ruiza97.

More
24 Dec 2016 15:14 #79734 by self biased
the problem lies in that it's an over-complicated way for someone who is unable to attend to get the cards, and it limits who can buy them by geography.

More
24 Dec 2016 16:32 #79737 by ruiza97
Oh well, dems the breaks.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
25 Dec 2016 08:57 #79746 by gatocion
Hi!

I agree that the 150€ fee for entering is a bit high, but I also think that being part of a WoD event and have the support of White Wolf will encourage to make the VTES community grow and have new players at the long term.

Also if the Inner Circle has decide it, who are we, low generations to question them? :P

There is much discussion about how many cards sets attendants could be able to get, if non attendants could pre-order them or get them from an attendant friend, what will include the set, if it will be worth more or less than 150€, and so one....

We don't know much about it, so it's an empty discussion, just wait for January and have all the info.

Merry Christmas to all!

Gatocion

P.D. ¡Long life to the Camarilla!

VEKN#4200008

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka

More
25 Dec 2016 18:14 #79749 by mjvtes521
I play in a group of about 10 guys or so in Berkeley, California, USA. I would happily pay 150 Euros to attend the event or just to get one of the Limited edition sets. However, I definitely can't afford to travel to Berlin to attend. I am sure that several, if not all of the players in my playgroup in Berkeley also can't afford to attend but would happily purchase the set as well. I understand that you want to keep it limited to attendees, but if you change your mind, I assure you that there is plenty of interest in the Limited Edition set in the states. Email me at if so. If nothing else, relay my group's interest in the limited edition set to White Wolf. It is exciting to hear that someone would have interest in printing VTES cards, even if it is just a one time thing. Please keep us informed about any future interest in putting this awesome game back in print!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds