file First new products are available!

08 May 2018 11:24 #86613 by Brum

The goal is not to get cardboard, the goal is to have fun. Randomness is fun, fixed distribution - not so much. There are "LCG subset" of VtES - starters. Haven't seen anybody being excited about starters (except HTTB ones for Villeins, again because it was printed previously with wrong rarity in random expansion).

Not so.
Since Lords of the Night there has been much hype for the starters, so far that the spoiling of them was an event in of itself.
I remember the online topics and blog posts regarding them.
Fun days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 11:28 #86614 by Kraus
Our playgroup has always held pre-constructed decks in high regard, as far as I can remember.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 May 2018 12:04 - 08 May 2018 12:07 #86616 by elotar

I've partaken magic limited tournaments where I dumped all the cards I got into the trash bin on my way to the exit.

You are mixing your frustration with MTG with completely different game.

In MTG most non rare cards are total crap outside of limited, in VtES most commons are(should be) useful in any quantities if you are building several decks. There are no comparison.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 08 May 2018 12:07 by elotar.

More
08 May 2018 12:14 - 08 May 2018 12:16 #86617 by elotar

Since Lords of the Night there has been much hype for the starters, so far that the spoiling of them was an event in of itself.
I remember the online topics and blog posts regarding them.
Fun days.

You are actually supporting my point - there was hype because the contents were unknown. With random distribution you got the same feeling with opening each one.

Hard to discuss it online, obviously, but you can make unboxing videos :P

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 08 May 2018 12:16 by elotar.

More
08 May 2018 12:34 - 08 May 2018 12:38 #86618 by Bloodartist

I've partaken magic limited tournaments where I dumped all the cards I got into the trash bin on my way to the exit.

You are mixing your frustration with MTG with completely different game.

In MTG most non rare cards are total crap outside of limited, in VtES most commons are(should be) useful in any quantities if you are building several decks. There are no comparison.

Yes there is comparison,even if commons in VTES maintain their usefulness much better than in any other ccg. You still need specific rares to make a deck. Good luck trying to build a, say nephandus deck without resorting to ebay.

I have personally bought enough VTES 3E boosters for them to enter the "trash value" category for me. Only meaningful cards out of those boosters would be rare.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 May 2018 12:38 by Bloodartist.

More
08 May 2018 12:58 #86619 by Silmegil
But LCG format does not solve Nephandus / Tupdog / Una dillema either. You need 15 / 20 / 45 key cards in those decks. If we consider playsets of 4 you would still need to buy 4 / 5 / 12 starters - bringing in tons of unusable vampires or commons. You would still have to rely on ebay or trading, which is taboo in most LCG communities. LCG certainly has its merits, but at this point I do not see it working without some changes to Vtes or some gameplan at least. Thats why I am worried about future. Also I like trading cards. Its another socializing aspect of the game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds