file New vampire: Lord Leopold Valemar, Lasombra Priscus

16 Jan 2019 14:38 #92925 by Lech
Hmm, let's see: there is no way to build pure obtenebration deck and dominate is both in-clan and best discipline in the game. In terms of effects it have:

Decent combat ends cards.
Decent offensive combat cards (Dark Steel, Arms of the Abyss, Entombment).
Good intercept card (+1 with press or maneuver)
Good ally that you can build deck upon (nocturn)
Good stealth cards (+1 with s:ce, +2 for 1 blood)

Sadly, it don't provide any combat permanents nor it have more options for intercept combat as Entombment and Arms of the Abyss would shine there, but the crypts don't allow it.

In general acting combat is hosed hard by s:ce, and there are not much you can do to counter it at this stage of the game. I'd like to see some kind of cards that aren't action cards that you can play during your turn - let's call them plot cards - that would provide options for your vampires to take actions (and for example burn after said action is successful - but would lock after attempt so you would not be able to use swarm to re-use the plot until after next turn), and some way to store combat cards on certain vampire to use later on so they don't clog your hand.

When it comes to obt, well, i think the stealth part could use some tweaks (not like adding more stealth, but adding , there should be more decent actions available, and Black Meta should be playable.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2019 15:03 #92927 by Klaital
Mewcat kind of comes out as someone who only plays stuff like weenie dem, since he is basically bashing everything, and thinks it's impossible to win with anything except the (subjective) 'best' thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
16 Jan 2019 15:32 #92929 by Kushiel

Sadly, it don't provide any combat permanents...

Black Metamorphosis
Shade

More
16 Jan 2019 15:47 #92930 by Lech
I even mentioned black meta, point is both are pointless and bad.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
17 Jan 2019 02:55 #92956 by Mewcat

Mewcat kind of comes out as someone who only plays stuff like weenie dem, since he is basically bashing everything, and thinks it's impossible to win with anything except the (subjective) 'best' thing.

Nah. I can only think of one person who plays more odd bad decks than me. It's just that obtenebrate is neither fun nor good enough for try Hards.

Sure you can play crappy lasombra stealth bleed but why? Is this fun?

I have decided that 2019 is year of the black metamorphosis so I will be doing something with that eventually.

More
17 Jan 2019 02:59 #92957 by Mewcat

I even mentioned black meta, point is both are pointless and bad.

Friend and I were talking about a ranged grapple type card for obten. Some of the cards support a ranged combat strat so it would be nice to flesh that out.

And yes 0 stealth undetected 2 blood set up action is pretty goofy.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds