file Contents and card changes in 25th Anniversary revealed

05 Jun 2019 07:03 - 05 Jun 2019 07:04 #95198 by PetriWessman
Fantastic changes, and long overdue!

Pentex remains a powerful oust card, but no longer stops someone from having a game.

Parity Shift remains very powerful, but is no longer totally overpowered as compared to other votes.

Instead of nerfing Freak Drive (which, as noted, would have negatively affected a lot of "good" decks), they hit the couple of broken deck types which are bad for the game (no, sitting and watching someone take a 30+ minute Una turn is not fun or something the game needs). And note that Ankara Citadel and Una still remain good cards, still very useful in many contexts.

Black Metamorphosis gets +1 stealth: yeah, very minor, but nice and makes sense. This of course begs the question: shouldn't Shadow of the Beast get this too?
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 07:04 by PetriWessman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech, mjvtes521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 08:03 #95201 by thelonius reloaded
Could be interesting to have a polling system about this new card change, and see again the data in a year or so when the cards will be played for real

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walt

More
05 Jun 2019 08:51 #95202 by ed1234
why should they be kidding? i hope they are not! +1 stealth on black metamorphosis is a cool thing to have
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
05 Jun 2019 09:13 #95203 by Tadori
Pentex - this card was changed from deck type killer to a "seduction" type of card. It's still good and will see play. In my opinion good change

parity - This is a interesting one. In my opinion it got nerfed and boosted in the same time. Now its much more reliably in late game but it's crippled at the beginning. I think decks that were based on it will change,, as an overall political action it will be played as an addition to KRC. In my opinion an interesting change not sure if good or bad, time will tell.

Freak Drive , Una and Ankara - to be honest i don't care about this. But this nerf affects cards that play good with Freak Drive not the card itself(and its the reason this deck exist). Because of this we are in situation when the fire is taken out but the arsonist is still out there.
In my opinion its only a matter of time and next decks like this will appear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
05 Jun 2019 09:43 #95205 by Klaital
With this kind of nerf to Pentex, should have also reduced it's cost down to 1 pool. Also to clarify on shift, does that mean it now ALWAYS transfers 3 pool? Or does it still go down when there is only 2 players left in the game.

More
05 Jun 2019 09:56 #95206 by harrod

Pentex remains a powerful oust card, but no longer stops someone from having a game.

My main concern about the change is, that when a one-star show has non-interactive decks as its prey and predator, the other 2 guys are pretty much screwed. They can't really interact with the vampire while it's weak, and when they finally can, it will usually be too late and the vampire in question will be bloated out of proportion, with no realistic chances of stopping it.

I'm yet to see someone get their star vampire pentexed early/mid game to the point, where they stop having a game.
Usually there's someone at the table who benefits from said vampire being able to do stuff and just helps with destroying the pentex. However I've seen many games, where a star vampire got out of hand thanks to favorable table position and a well aimed pentex in the late game was the only thing that prevented the deck from sweeping the table.

As it stands, especially since a vampire can now destroy its own pentex, it got downgraded to an oust card very similar to Anarch Troublemaker.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds