file Unleashed Kickstarter is unleashed!

12 May 2021 13:46 - 12 May 2021 13:46 #102234 by self biased

Guys I understand that I can split the KS with other members of my communities. I was just curious why this option is hidden by a paywall. Its a wird decision from marketing point of view and can potentially discourage people to back the project.

I don't understand what the complaint is? 

Is it "I cannot buy only a single, specific, deck from the set of decks being offered?"  If this is the case, I don't understand why anyone would expect that. If the concern is that people who don't have a lot of money might not be able to afford the full set of cards, but could afford a single deck are missing out... it's pretty easy to combine an order with other people.  If my finances were that tight, I would have to give some serious thought as to whether or not this was a purchase I should be making in the first place, and maybe wait for the cards to become available for print on demand.
Last edit: 12 May 2021 13:46 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2021 07:11 - 13 May 2021 07:24 #102238 by Tadori

Guys I understand that I can split the KS with other members of my communities. I was just curious why this option is hidden by a paywall. Its a wird decision from marketing point of view and can potentially discourage people to back the project.

I don't understand what the complaint is? 

Is it "I cannot buy only a single, specific, deck from the set of decks being offered?"  If this is the case, I don't understand why anyone would expect that. If the concern is that people who don't have a lot of money might not be able to afford the full set of cards, but could afford a single deck are missing out... it's pretty easy to combine an order with other people.  If my finances were that tight, I would have to give some serious thought as to whether or not this was a purchase I should be making in the first place, and maybe wait for the cards to become available for print on demand.

It's about sales psychology and customer satisfaction not about money.

Possibility of flexible choice that affect amount of money customer can spent, highly increase customer's decision to spend money. If you reduce this choice and create a situation in which customer is forced(feels like this) to buy something else, to get what he wants and feels he needs, it affects negatively on his decision.

You are talking about customers that can afford it and have a lot of money. This kind of decision affect them the most. Most of them made their money by making smart choices and hard work. So it's more likely they will analyse your offer and will try to find most effective way to get your product. So if create any doubt that there is more effective way to get it and reduce purchase choices you will decrease your sales chances.

Its ofc way more complicated but this are some fundamentals.
Last edit: 13 May 2021 07:24 by Tadori.

More
14 May 2021 13:26 #102240 by Squidalot
Hi Tadori,
It's mainly cost and complexity actually.

So shipping for 4 decks is roughly the same as shipping for 1 deck using tracked where 170g - 1kg is a nice limit.

It's also far easier to send as many sets of the same bundle and reduces risk of errors - one of the reasons we did not have a lot of other add-ons until we had new folk asking for items they can't get.
I can definitely add a 1 deck only option if it's something you really want and with the option to have add-ons with that option so you can buy say 10x of the same deck it just might get pricey on the postage.

Totally my first Janne - it seems a good experience so far but i prefer selling via retailers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased, lip

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds