file Proxy Comunity

16 Aug 2012 20:05 #34914 by malkavianbarcelona
Hi!

i want to ask some questions to the community about proxys in the world of v:tes today.

Before go out of Barcelona this first months of 2012 me and one of my best friends we rise a littel community of new players (5 guys, enough to made a beginners table and show the mechanics) in the spanish city, just playing with proxys because they can find more than half of the cards needed for the decks they want to play. that make me question the next...

for example if i begun to run a group of pepole between (10 or 20 players) we only play with proxys. I can organize oficial proxys tournaments ?? this tournaments can be v:ken oficialy ranked ??
Now this game just stops to be a businnes and surprises me the lack of this kind of tournaments, a great way to introduce new players can afford the cards they need to the amazing world of v:tes championship non-casual game.

what do you think about ??

abraham

p.d: if exists a previous thread about this subject can you link me to that ?? Thks :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2012 20:17 - 16 Aug 2012 20:17 #34919 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Proxy Comunity

for example if i begun to run a group of pepole between (10 or 20 players) we only play with proxys. I can organize oficial proxys tournaments ??

You can organize tournaments where proxies are allowed. But these tournaments will not be sanctioned by the VEKN.

this tournaments can be v:ken oficialy ranked ??

No, they cannot.

Now this game just stops to be a businnes and surprises me the lack of this kind of tournaments, a great way to introduce new players can afford the cards they need to the amazing world of v:tes championship non-casual game.

what do you think about ??

In my playgroup (Palma de Mallorca) we allow proxies in casual games, since we have a fair share of new players, but not in VEKN sanctioned tournaments. When the new players want to play at a VEKN-sanctioned tournament, they just borrow the cards they need from other players or from me.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 16 Aug 2012 20:17 by Damnans.

More
17 Aug 2012 02:13 #34931 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Proxy Comunity
If they are after 'staple' cards, then they should really keep their eyes open for the bulk-lots that often get sold by the online single-card resellers (i.e. rickstock, idasoft, etc). They are a good way to get a core collection and then hunt/trade/ebay/buy target cards to fill out deck concepts.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Aug 2012 06:29 #34942 by malkavianbarcelona
i really disagree with that. I'm very old player and for me its hard to find cards to make new decks and i'm boring to play with my 2 old decks. That is the reason because i never play tournaments. If it's hard for me i can't imagine how frustrating needs to be for new players. I think change this and allow to organize some oficial proxys tournaments can make easy the entrance of new players. what do you thin about ?? maybe one or 2 oficial proxys tournnaments per city can't be than bad. Which negative sides did you see to my ideas ??

Hug

abraham

More
17 Aug 2012 06:44 #34945 by malkavianbarcelona
after read your replys i go to check the card prices in e bay sellers. I really can't afford pay 100€ for the kind of decks i like to play when one or two year before for build uo the same deck maybe i only need to play 40€

More
17 Aug 2012 07:18 - 17 Aug 2012 07:19 #34946 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Proxy Comunity
I think the main argument against proxies has been that if proxies would be allowed it would reduce the practical resale value of cards to zero. Playing wouldn't be hindered, in a sense, but if we're thinking of the prospects of some company picking up the game again, it isn't really encouraging to reprint a game for an audience who don't believe in card values. I hope you get my meaning.

It's arguable if it would be possible to just deny the use of proxies once the game gets picked up again, but people have been hasty about proxies in fear of a final decline of cards' monetary value. At least that's what I've gathered. There must be plenty of other reasons as well.

I wouldn't really much mind the official use of proxies in a couple of years if there's no news with reprinting of the game. I'd just love to have new players, and proxies would surely help them a lot. But we can't really do that before cards have left the markets ultimately.

And, about the tournaments, I don't really think it matters that much at the moment if the tournies are VEKN sanctioned or not. :) Just have fun with the game, aye?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 17 Aug 2012 07:19 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds