file Proxy Comunity

21 Aug 2012 16:29 - 21 Aug 2012 16:31 #35177 by malkavianbarcelona
direwolf... that time is now !!
I love this game, i'm a middel class guy and i can't belive i want to build a akunanse deck and i need to expend double money than a year ago. that is not fair for the game and it's not fair for my economy.
My friends, a loot of them last year new players, they don't wanna go to the tournaments for the same, they don't have enough cards. We only play casual games every week in Barcelona.
How you are going to encourague new player to play if you tell them to made a deck they need to pay the same money amount they need to pay for a Magic: the gathering deck and they are not going to win money in the tournaments ??
If it's something good of this game is the prices of the single cards are always been cheap, and with a base of 50$ you can made a competitve tournament deck. But after more than 2 years without the capability of buy new boosters the cards or decks the prices are rising in e bay with a greedy fever.
The only thing i want to make note to this comuntity, proxys are necesary if the game is than dead like beguns to look is right now, we need some solutions to v:tes just don't die like others do before.
Ideas like this new incoming expansion made by the comunity, ideas like allowing new or poor players play with Proxys in the oficial torunaments...
I always play with original game cards because i always though is more cheap buy original ones than buy a ink cartridge for my printer, but now that is totally inverse.
Looking how is right now the panorama of v:tes i still thinking and defending oficial play with proxies in the tournaments of v:ken is not a bad idea.
I enjoy reading the cardovador point of view and looks very awesome to me.
I'm against that idea only the most old players win the tournaments, my though about this game or any CCG game never was like that, if the most experience is going to win always for why playing ?? i love see new faces in the final tables, maybe you not ?? maybe you don't love this gime like i do

I expect your answer and like my fella cordovader i apologize for my crappy english too

Greetings from berlin

Abraham
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 16:31 by malkavianbarcelona.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 19:18 #35193 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Proxy Comunity
@malkavianbarcelona:

There are cards available to buy from Walsh and Nusser in Europe. That is the officially supported VEKN source of purchasing cards.

VEKN is not going to kick them in the nuts by allowing proxies and cutting their sales. (They don't mark up like e-bay sellers)

Perhaps a compromise would be to allow proxies of cards not available from W&N or Rose Tatu. But that gets complicated with cards appearing in multiple sets.

It's something to think about anyway.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
21 Aug 2012 19:25 #35194 by malkavianbarcelona
i want to order on booster box of legacys of blood, it's posible ?? price ??

More
21 Aug 2012 20:13 #35196 by malkavianbarcelona
that means i can only buy the cards that guys want to sell me ??
to the price they want to sell me ?? and if i don't buy them i can't play ??

it's not fair :(

More
21 Aug 2012 22:53 - 21 Aug 2012 22:54 #35200 by Robert Goudie
Replied by Robert Goudie on topic Re: Proxy Comunity

that means i can only buy the cards that guys want to sell me ??
to the price they want to sell me ?? and if i don't buy them i can't play ??

it's not fair :(

You are correct. It is NOT fair. In any trading card game there will always be advantages to some players based on card availability. Even when V:TES was active, sets would still sell out eventually and those without access to the cards would be disadvantaged. And players who were from economically poorer countries or households and who could not afford cards were also at a competitive disadvantage.

In general, lacking cards gives you fewer options to build decks but does not usually put you at a competitive disadvantage. Note that this happens in both directions--that is, a new player has no access to old, out of print cards that might be better than the currently available cards AND the player with only older cards that lacks access to new cards is also disadvantaged when the new cards are more powerful.

So there is always some amount of unfairness in competitive play based on card availability. Some amount of unfairness is just part of playing a CCG.

I wouldn't be surprised if proxies are eventually allowed as the likelihood of V:TES resuming production lessens as the years pass. On the other hand, allowing proxies now in official tournaments reduces the chance of V:TES resuming production.

My personal suggestion to you is to allow proxies in your home games and, if you like, run tournaments using the official rules but also allowing proxies. No, you won't get player ratings or the official V:EKN stamp of approval. But if your group truly won't survive without proxies then just do what you want.

-Robert

Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 22:54 by Robert Goudie. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
22 Aug 2012 01:05 #35208 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Proxy Comunity
Remember - There are plenty of VERY good decks that run entirely on common cards. Kindred Spirits decks basically run on commons and uncommons. And so on.

But if you want to play with proxies, just remember that you can't use them in rated VEKN tournaments without replacing them with proper copies. Or just omit them if they are not vital to the deck working.

If you come to Australia and play in any tournament I'm running, I'm happy to loan out of my collection to let you bring the deck you want (assuming I have them and I'm not using them in any deck I might be playing).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds