file Which is the problem: blood creation or recursion?

Poll: Problem? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
08 Nov 2012 10:18 #40614 by Juggernaut1981
In VTES structuring, Ur Shulgi, Saulot, et al, must not be 'actual Methuselahs' in the same sense that the player is a Methuselah. I have plenty of idea of how the oWoD works.

Rewind Time = Temporis. If there is any discipline which should potentially be able to circumvent the abilities of an ancient vampire... Time travel should just about cover that. Santaleous I honestly find to be an aberration.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 10:39 #40617 by Ohlmann

In VTES structuring, Ur Shulgi, Saulot, et al, must not be 'actual Methuselahs' in the same sense that the player is a Methuselah. I have plenty of idea of how the oWoD works.

Well, you can't deny that Saulot, Meneles, and Helen, especially the first two, are directly written in the old wod as being the actor and not the pawn. A lot of other are not plausible as being only pawns, like Ur-Shulgi and a lot of other peoples

Also, imbued player are not alway Methuselah (they can be, but they can also be the Weaver, or one of its spirit, or simply a congregation of humans that want to get rid of vampires)

So, the reality is that player represent a methuselah, or a methuselah-level entity, or a group of methuselah temporary working together. Some stay in the background, other jump directly in the fray (like the aforementioned Saulot), and all use their backlogs of scheming to get Master effect. Whether there is only one mastermind or several working together are both completely casher with the rules.

And, if Santaleous is an aberration, Anson is also one. As is every MPA-giving vampires.

More
08 Nov 2012 11:13 #40619 by Ashur

The rising is a great card to solve this problem...

I agree! Had forgot about that. Good example.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
08 Nov 2012 11:19 #40620 by Ashur

@Ashur:
Because interfering with others MPAs basically pushes the game into Vampire: The Master Phase. This game is supposed to be about MINION interaction. If your solution is to further reduce minion interaction, I am happy that the DT have ignored it.

But it's not required by its solution. It could be an action that force target methuselah to skip its next Master phase, for example. Or, more complicated, a reaction playable on a master card (think Rewind time) that create a referendum and cancel the master if the referendum pass.

Of course, thoses are unpolished example. But minion interacting with master is completely possible.

I agree with Ohlmann here. And of course we have to be careful with the theme of the game, but when master cards and MPA has become such strong resources, there must be ways to interact with them. Those ways can be hard to pull off (lots of requirements), but for the good of the game it should be more of them.

One example is the "Send a messege" card idea discussed earlier - when you torpor a minion, play the card and his/her controller loses next master phase. This is both minion interaction and interaction with methuselahs.

Saying "no interaction with masters because methuselahs are methuselahs" is just stupid - bleeding is interacting with the methuselahs!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
08 Nov 2012 14:28 #40649 by Ankha
Both are fine (though recursion is debatable). Massive *pool* gain is the problem.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Nov 2012 14:51 #40652 by Ohlmann

Massive *pool* gain is the problem.

Could you give example ? Apart from Golconda, I can't see a massive pool gain which is used by really competitive deck and is not pool recursion. Then again, I suspect it's more that I don't have the same way to define massive.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds