file Cutting prey's deck.

21 Jan 2012 17:36 #21369 by henrik
Cutting prey's deck. was created by henrik
What are the restrictions when cutting my prey's crypt/library?

An example:
My prey's crypt has 6 VtES backs and 6 Jyhad backs, would I be allowed to cut so that the top 4-6 cards are VtES or Jyhad only? Since the crypt is supposed to be sufficiently mixed, neither me nor my prey should be getting any significant advantage/disadvantage from using that information when cutting.

I do know the difference between cutting and shuffling and I ask only for those cases where it would be possible to do a cut and get said result. I'm not talking about sorting the crypt and rearranging the cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:12 #21376 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Cutting prey's deck.
When you're cutting you'd normally only see the backs of two* different cards anyway, so I don't see how you'd even know if you had achieved this result until after your prey draws.

* The two cards being the original top card and the top card after cutting.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:27 #21379 by henrik
Replied by henrik on topic Re: Cutting prey's deck.

When you're cutting you'd normally only see the backs of two* different cards anyway, so I don't see how you'd even know if you had achieved this result until after your prey draws.

* The two cards being the original top card and the top card after cutting.

Depending on the restrictions I ask for in my first question, it could be allowed to look through the backs of the crypt/library (in order to count the number of cards I cut, for example). The tournament rules states that cutting should be done without looking at the cards faces but does not mention the backs. And, of course, this wouldn't be able to give me any significant advantage (or my prey any significant disadvantage) since the differently backed cards should be sufficiently mixed to avoid any such situation.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:51 #21386 by TorranceCircle

....I ask only for those cases where it would be possible to do a cut and get said result. I'm not talking about sorting the crypt and rearranging the cards.

....it could be allowed to look through the backs of the crypt/library (in order to count the number of cards I cut, for example). The tournament rules states that cutting should be done without looking at the cards faces but does not mention the backs. And, of course, this wouldn't be able to give me any significant advantage (or my prey any significant disadvantage) since the differently backed cards should be sufficiently mixed to avoid any such situation.

This sounds like you are trying to raise the "To sleeve, or not to Sleeve" question again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM, Megabaja

More
21 Jan 2012 18:55 #21391 by henrik
Replied by henrik on topic Re: Cutting prey's deck.

This sounds like you are trying to raise the "To sleeve, or not to Sleeve" question again.

Not necessarily. I want to know how to handle different situations that may arise due to that rule though, in order to judge and play in accordance with the tournament rules.

More
21 Jan 2012 21:28 #21399 by etherial
Replied by etherial on topic Re: Cutting prey's deck.

My prey's crypt has 6 VtES backs and 6 Jyhad backs, would I be allowed to cut so that the top 4-6 cards are VtES or Jyhad only? Since the crypt is supposed to be sufficiently mixed, neither me nor my prey should be getting any significant advantage/disadvantage from using that information when cutting.

If you cut my deck like that, I'd ask the Judge to shuffle and cut.

Non-Camarilla

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds