file target minion protection and out of turn action sequence

05 Jul 2012 22:53 #32836 by talonz
1)
secret passage
Put this card on a ready minion you control. If this minion is the target of a (D) action while he or she is ready, you may burn this card to make the action fail. A minion can have only 1 Secret Passage.

lord of serenity
put this card on the acting vampire, this card can be burned as a D action....

Minion with both cards above. Secret passage will not protect lord of serenety from burnable action due to cardtext (this minion, not this minion and any cards on him) correct?

2) It was my understanding that the acting meth gets first opp in any phase to play, then other meth in clockwise order. This meant that due to not being able to stack actions (each is resolved before going onto the next) that the acting meth would get one action before any out of turn actions could be taken by other meths (enkil, madness etc.).

It was pointed out that the acting meth has first opp to generate any and all effects in each stage, and thus gets to do all the actions he wants before anyone else can act out of turn.

In reading the rulebook, I can see and understand this, just looking for confirmation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2012 23:59 #32837 by Adonai
1) Confirmed. Secret Passage and Secure Haven only protect the minion, they do not protect cards on the minion.

2) Confirmed. The acting player can take every action she wants before allowing her opponents to take an action with Enkil Cog or Madness Network.

More
06 Jul 2012 09:53 #32845 by Pascal Bertrand

1) Confirmed. Secret Passage and Secure Haven only protect the minion, they do not protect cards on the minion.

2) Confirmed. The acting player can take every action she wants before allowing her opponents to take an action with Enkil Cog or Madness Network.

Correct.
And 2') If any other Methuselah takes an action, the impulse goes back to the Methuselah whose turn it is, and who can now declare a new action.

More
06 Jul 2012 11:21 #32848 by jamesatzephyr

And 2') If any other Methuselah takes an action, the impulse goes back to the Methuselah whose turn it is, and who can now declare a new action.

Note that before that happens, there's a 'between actions' phase, for Heidelberg.

(This can't be used to declare Enkil Cog-driven actions, though - declaring an action isn't possible in the 'between actions' phase.)

[LSJ 20090123] and the follow-ups in that thread.

More
06 Jul 2012 20:55 #32867 by Squidalot
@Pascal - please can you put the 'between actions impulse' in the rules rather than relying on a ruling. I don't think it's very clear from section 1.6.1 (5) Sequencing how this works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
09 Jul 2012 05:32 #32910 by Pascal Bertrand

@Pascal - please can you put the 'between actions impulse' in the rules rather than relying on a ruling. I don't think it's very clear from section 1.6.1 (5) Sequencing how this works.

I'll give it a try, but I'm afraid I'll have to write down something like 'There are two impulses during the minion phase'. I'll try to get a clean formulation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds