file Bleed modifiers on currently blocked bleed

04 Oct 2012 02:16 #38292 by KevinM
I await, then, your learned explanation of how introducing a new, single-word term into the rulebook will help you parse any LSJ rulings (which may or may not be listed here).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2012 04:13 #38771 by Juggernaut1981
Well, we could condense LSJs rulings, remove them and edit the rulebook to fix it all.

OR

We could leave the rulebook as a static unchanging and have 10,000 dense, difficult to parse statements from LSJ stored in a now-remote location of the internet.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 Oct 2012 04:17 #38773 by Chaitan

Well, we could condense LSJs rulings, remove them and edit the rulebook to fix it all.

OR

We could leave the rulebook as a static unchanging and have 10,000 dense, difficult to parse statements from LSJ stored in a now-remote location of the internet.

OR

We could leave the rulebook as a static unchanging and have 10,000 statements from LSJ stored in a central place (ie. www.vekn.net/index.php/all-rulings).

The problem is that far from every LSJ ruling is in this place. My vote goes to your first suggestion though.

More
10 Oct 2012 04:57 #38779 by KevinM

OR

I notice how you didn't address my question, which was the entire point of the thread. Interesting.

More
10 Oct 2012 05:03 #38780 by Juggernaut1981
Just because I aimed at the principles underneath doesn't mean I didn't answer your question. To make the rules more of a living document rather than relying on people using the, now outdated, Google-Group OR to build layer upon layer of rulings, non-rulebook terminology and possible confusion.

I'm suggesting that LSJs 'impulse' rulings should either:
a) Be replaced by a new general ruling that would appear somewhere like the CRR
b) Be added explicitly into the rulebook (so that everyone should be able to parse his scattered rulings around the Google-groups and the ones which may appear under All Rulings, which is ironically named).
c) Be individually replaced by PB & the RT until there are no "impulse related" LSJ rulings (so that Impulse vanishes from VTES since it isn't in the rules)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 Oct 2012 18:18 - 10 Oct 2012 18:23 #38839 by KevinM

Just because I aimed at the principles underneath doesn't mean I didn't answer your question. To make the rules more of a living document rather than relying on people using the, now outdated, Google-Group OR to build layer upon layer of rulings, non-rulebook terminology and possible confusion.

I'm suggesting that LSJs 'impulse' rulings should either:
a) Be replaced by a new general ruling that would appear somewhere like the CRR
b) Be added explicitly into the rulebook (so that everyone should be able to parse his scattered rulings around the Google-groups and the ones which may appear under All Rulings, which is ironically named).
c) Be individually replaced by PB & the RT until there are no "impulse related" LSJ rulings (so that Impulse vanishes from VTES since it isn't in the rules)

Again: You proceed from a false assumption.

There are no 'impulse rulings'. There isn't a real issue when someone speaks of the "impulse", because that word is just shorthand for "the opportunity" in 1.6.1.5, above.

So, your issue is moot.

I have never had an issue with any player, ever, understanding 1.6.1.5 while using the term 'impulse' to substitute for 'opportunity'.

If you have, I suggest you view that as an opportunity -- see what I did there? :)

Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 18:23 by KevinM.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds