file Does Eurayle's special cost her blood while targeting Hazimel?

07 Dec 2012 15:10 #42518 by Kraus

So there goes a great duo down from the drain...

Read again.

Just did. Missed the crucial part on my first read. Cheers. Don't know yet what I'll play tomorrow, so this made those two much more interesting. I'd like to take another shot with Nu, though...

Jussi, the new text (where can I find it officially, actually? Is there an official errata page here in VEKN?) actually says now that all actions that target him cost blood, so in that sense Mylonas would have to burn blood. Thanks to the "Controlled by others" clause he's okay once again.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2012 15:16 #42520 by Squidalot
Regardless Mylan is an ally not a vampire so someone else's Mylan could target Hazimel without spending blood (or a warhoul, ossian etc etc etc)

More
07 Dec 2012 15:20 #42521 by Ohlmann

Regardless Mylan is an ally not a vampire so someone else's Mylan could target Hazimel without spending blood (or a warhoul, ossian etc etc etc)

You're right, but nobody talked about Mylan. Eurayle may look like being Mylan in vampire form, but they still are pretty different :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
07 Dec 2012 15:52 - 07 Dec 2012 16:00 #42523 by jhattara
Mylan's action is non-d when it targets your vampires, thus Mylan has never suffered from Hazimel's special either. And on top of that Mylan is not even a vampire or a vampire controlled by another Methuselah. Hazimel's ability kicks in only and only when a VAMPIRE is performing an action, that vampire is NOT CONTROLLED by Hazimel's owner and that vampire IS NOT RAVNOS. Only if all the three conditions are fulfilled, only then does Hazimel's special make it cost more.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 16:00 by jhattara.

More
07 Dec 2012 16:11 #42524 by ReverendRevolver
Also, renewed vigor at superior says chose a vampire. Not a d action in any way.

More
07 Dec 2012 16:26 #42526 by Kraus

Mylan's action is non-d when it targets your vampires, thus Mylan has never suffered from Hazimel's special either. And on top of that Mylan is not even a vampire or a vampire controlled by another Methuselah. Hazimel's ability kicks in only and only when a VAMPIRE is performing an action, that vampire is NOT CONTROLLED by Hazimel's owner and that vampire IS NOT RAVNOS. Only if all the three conditions are fulfilled, only then does Hazimel's special make it cost more.

Yeah, that's great, but I think I wrote Mylonas, instead of Mylan. ;) Where did you get that from, anyways?

Thanks for the answers. The fact that Hazimel's text has been changed since the printing of the card is good enough. Now, it would be cool to know if VtES Checklist or something is official enough for rules reference, or should I know of an errata compendium or something that's being hosted by VEKN?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds