map-pin Rules Team Rulings - RTR 11/05/2018

12 May 2018 16:40 - 12 May 2018 16:49 #86840 by Ankha
I forgot to mention that the bleed increasing action modifiers that previously didn't restrict the usage of another bleed increasing action modifier work as before are errated:

Command of the Beast
Only usable during a bleed action.
[dom] +1 bleed (limited).
[DOM] +1 bleed that does not count against the limit.

Divine Image
Only usable as the action is announced.
[ser] This action, this vampire gets -1 stealth, +1 strength and can prevent 1 damage each combat.
[SER] As above, with +1 bleed that does not count against the limit, only usable during a bleed action.

Leverage
Burn the Edge to get +1 bleed that does not count against the limit. You cannot gain the Edge this action (if you would get the Edge, it is burned instead).

Power of One
Requires an anarch.
[obt] Only usable when this anarch is blocked, before combat (if any). The blocking minion burns 2 blood or life.
[pot] Only usable during a bleed action. +1 bleed that does not count against the limit.
[pre] Only usable during a bleed action. +1 bleed, or +1 bleed and +1 stealth (limited).

Quicksilver Contemplation
[aus] [REACTION] +1 intercept.
[tem] [REACTION] Reduce a bleed against you by 2.
[aus][tem] [ACTION MODIFIER][REACTION] Only usable during a referendum. Force a younger vampire to abstain (this can cancel that vampire's votes and ballots).
[AUS][TEM] [ACTION MODIFIER] Only usable during a bleed action. +2 bleed that does not count against the limit.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 May 2018 16:49 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2018 21:10 - 12 May 2018 21:15 #86845 by Boris The Blade

Power of One
Requires an anarch.
[obt] Only usable when this anarch is blocked, before combat (if any). The blocking minion burns 2 blood or life.
[pot] Only usable during a bleed action. +1 bleed that does not count against the limit.
[pre] Only usable during a bleed action. +1 bleed, or +1 bleed and +1 stealth (limited).

Any reason to use 2 different templates? This feels more elegant to me:

Command of the Beast
[DOM] +1 bleed (unlimited).

Power of One
Requires an anarch.
[pot] Only usable during a bleed action. +1 bleed (unlimited.)
Last edit: 12 May 2018 21:15 by Boris The Blade. Reason: Removed quote, added Command of the Beast example.

More
12 May 2018 21:26 #86846 by jamesatzephyr

Any reason to use 2 different templates? This feels more elegant to me:

Command of the Beast
[DOM] +1 bleed (unlimited).

On a technical point, Ankha has indicated that, going forward, bracketed text will only be used for reminder text that can be removed without changing the meaning of the card. So your card says:

[dom] +1 bleed
[DOM] +1 bleed

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76591-rules-questions#86741

More
12 May 2018 22:30 - 12 May 2018 22:31 #86848 by TwoRazorReign

On a technical point, Ankha has indicated that, going forward, bracketed text will only be used for reminder text that can be removed without changing the meaning of the card.

In other words, following this technical point, cards that have "limits" will now have parenthetical reminder text that don't change the meaning of the card, whereas cards without limits will still have clauses explaining there's no limit and therefore alter the meaning of the card.

I think Boris the Blade's point is that this inconsistency is not elegant, and if we're going to include parenthetical single-word "reminder" text, it's probably better to just treat those parenthetical single-words as keywords with the associated reminder text in the rulebook.

I mean, if it were me, and I had to write a FAQ explaining that something that looks like a keyword isn't a keyword, I would re-evaluate whether that "reminder text" is doing more harm than good. But that's just me, and I definitely have the proclivity to over-inflate minor issues like this.
Last edit: 12 May 2018 22:31 by TwoRazorReign.

More
12 May 2018 23:10 #86851 by kschaefer
If the keyword unlimited were added to the rulebook, you could add that non-parenthetically to the card to make it concise and elegant at both levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
13 May 2018 06:14 #86853 by drnlmza
You don't expect the use of "unlimited" to to cause arguments from a player about why they can't immediately play a second "Command the Beast"? The only one action modifier by name rule already trips new players up often enough without adding text that can easily be misinterpreted to say it doesn't apply.

Also, this change unifies the presentation of Additional Strikes and bleed modifers, Your proposal means that Quickness, for example, will read

[CEL] Additonal strike (unlimited). A vampire may only play one Quickness each round.

You don't see that causing confusion?

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds