question-circle The Capuchin burns & temporary control

15 Apr 2020 08:29 - 15 Apr 2020 08:33 #99596 by Ankha

Thanks !

About the first question:

Does Capuchin not go first in ash heap, then in my uncontrolled ? Why does the temporary control effect of Spirit Marionette still track him in my uncontrolled and not The Rack effect ?

He is burned while you control him. Then he goes to the uncontrolled region, but since this breaks temporary effects, he ends in his righteous controller's uncontrolled region, not yours.

EDIT: this is true, but in that case, the temporary control is already broken by the trip to the ash heap anyway.

Also, to be totally clear: he goes to his owner's ash heap when he burns which is enough to break the temporary effects. Then he goes to his owner uncontrolled region.

Cards that go to ash heaps (or libraries or crypts for that matter) always go to their owners' ash heaps (or whatever). [1.1.2]

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 08:33 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2020 08:46 #99598 by Yomyael
This makes me wonder, why going through the Ash Heap only removes temporary controll effects? Should a vampire going through the Ash Heap not lose all memory of what happened earlier (including things like NRA and the like)?

Prince of Bonn, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
15 Apr 2020 09:05 #99601 by lip
From what I understand he does. Things like NRA are forgotten [LSJ 20010627] .

More
15 Apr 2020 09:10 - 15 Apr 2020 09:13 #99602 by lip
@Ankha

If he goes to his owner ash heap, does you previous ruling still stand: this does not break permanent control effect and he goes to his last permanent controller uncontrolled region ?
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 09:13 by lip.

More
15 Apr 2020 11:50 - 15 Apr 2020 11:51 #99604 by Ankha

@Ankha

If he goes to his owner ash heap, does you previous ruling still stand: this does not break permanent control effect and he goes to his last permanent controller uncontrolled region ?

You must resolve the Capuchin's ability; that is moving him to your uncontrolled region. The trip through the ash heap doesn't clear this lingering effect (otherwise the Capuchin effect would never work).
Since you permanently control the Capuchin, he can go to your uncontrolled region.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 11:51 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael, lip

More
15 Apr 2020 15:05 #99606 by Sambomb

@Ankha

You must resolve the Capuchin's ability; that is moving him to your uncontrolled region. The trip through the ash heap doesn't clear this lingering effect (otherwise the Capuchin effect would never work).
Since you permanently control the Capuchin, he can go to your uncontrolled region.

I lost myself in the middle of the ash realm.

Player A temporary control over Capuchin ( influenced by player B ), player A send him to ashes ( basic daring the dawn with no blood ), the Capuchin now goes to A uncontrolled region or goes back to B?
Who gets the 3 extra transfers during influence?

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds