file eluding the arms of morpheus - AFTER block declare

26 Sep 2021 06:50 #103317 by beslin igor

When the action is effectively blocked (because everyone has passed to play anything and the intercept match the stealth), there is a new opportunity to play effects.

It is the window to play Change of Target or Mental Maze for example.

Quick question about that one: can other modifiers be played in this window? For example, can you wait for the block to be effective (C has not used their Monastery of Shadows) before you play for example Inspire Greatness? Preventing C to finally decide to add stealth with Monastery of Shadows, since the action is blocked already?

Inspire Greatness

I beleive you can. so first anounce action,play action card(if have action card),play cards who are played after action announced,and they you can play any cards to modifi action

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2021 08:04 #103321 by inm8

beslin igor post=103317

Timo post=103272When the action is effectively blocked (because everyone has passed to play anything and the intercept match the stealth), there is a new opportunity to play effects.

Quick question about that one: can other modifiers be played in this window? For example, can you wait for the block to be effective (C has not used their Monastery of Shadows) before you play for example Inspire Greatness? Preventing C to finally decide to add stealth with Monastery of Shadows, since the action is blocked already?

Inspire Greatness

I beleive you can. so first anounce action,play action card(if have action card),play cards who are played after action announced,and they you can play any cards to modifi action

I don´t think you can normally play additional action modifiers and/or reactions after block has been confirmed as one would normally be in the block resolution step, the exception to this are the cards that have the text like  "Only usable if this minion is blocked, before block resolution." or "Only usable if this vampire blocks an employ retainer action, before block resolution." where only cards that are played in this time windows (between block confirmation and block resolution) are allowed.

Change of Target

Set's Call

More
26 Sep 2021 10:07 #103327 by lip
That makes sense to me. I would expect all cards playable in that window to actually end the action one way or the other as an effect - it would be weird to have a separated window for modifiers/effects/reaction where you cannot play stealth or intercept anymore, but nonetheless continue with the action / combat.

More
26 Sep 2021 11:37 #103333 by Ankha

When the action is effectively blocked (because everyone has passed to play anything and the intercept match the stealth), there is a new opportunity to play effects.

No, action modifiers and reactions must be played before the action resolution (except noted otherwise, for instance Change of Target or Mental Maze).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds