file When does NRA apply/not apply

19 Jan 2022 13:50 #104524 by Lönkka

Should other similar cards be considered errated too? Unseen Hibernation, Scobax, Mistaken Identity (I think that's all...)

Sure, I'll publish an updated version of the official cardtexts.

Hmmm, do I misremember but back in the day (before BCP, or during the very early BCP era, IIRC) there was a policy of not changing card texts until the card being changed was going to be printed?

Or perhaps the policy has changed?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Jan 2022 15:34 #104525 by drnlmza

Hmmm, do I misremember but back in the day (before BCP, or during the very early BCP era, IIRC) there was a policy of not changing card texts until the card being changed was going to be printed?

Or perhaps the policy has changed?

While BCP are clearly trying to not change texts without reprints where possible, there have been many changes to the card texts without reprints ever since VtES returned to print.

Recent examples off the top of my head:
* The inherited sect change (Creation Rites, Third Tradition: Progeny are not currently in print, but text has changed)
* Renaming THA to Blood Sorcery (several vampires updated).

How is this even an issue? Having the card reprinted doesn't suddenly make the old texts vanish, so people still need to be aware of what the current card text is, whether the card has been reprinted or not.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
19 Jan 2022 16:31 #104526 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic When does NRA apply/not apply
I was initially in the camp of not having errata done until reprint but you highlight very valid points so I have changed over to the other side :)

I think that the only important thing is that as errata is issued it should be reflected with the official texts being updated if not at the same time as soon as possible after the change....this so errata, rulings, and texts are all aligned

More
21 Jan 2022 10:36 #104551 by Lönkka

How is this even an issue?

No did I say it WAS an issue?

Just brought the matter up.
But indeed it sure would be great to have a printed version with the new test available. Even if,obviously, the old cards won't magically change their texts.

With Print on Demand getting the updated cards out should be pretty easy and straightforward to achieve?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds