file Additional Strikes

11 Nov 2021 19:32 #103860 by inm8
Additional Strikes was created by inm8
The rules for additional strikes are not entirely clear for some cases and have led to the following questions about how it should be handled:

Can Anarch Jacko play all, his special, :CEL: Blur, :cel: Hell-for-Leather and :CEL: Quickness immediately after the handling of the initial strikes, before handling any of the additional strikes i.e. setting up 5 additional strikes to be handled before handling any of them?

Are all gained additional strikes (e.g. :CEL: Blur, Lightning Reflexes where X>1 or the scenario above if allowed) handled simultaneously or one at a time?

Can a minion play/gain more additional strikes while still having pending ones to resolve that were gained in a previous window after strike resolution or do they all have to have been handled first?

If minion A plays :CEL: Blur against minion B that doesn't play any additional strikes, and then when handling minion A´s first additional strike can minion B play :CEL: Blur i.e. can additional strikes be played after strike resolution of what is not the initial strikes?

Jacko

Blur

Hell-for-Leather

Quickness

Lightning Reflexes

Rulebook:

Additional Strikes: Some cards and effects allow a minion to make additional strikes during the current round of combat. Additional strikes are announced and performed only after the first pair of strikes is completed. The acting minion decides whether or not to gain additional strikes before the opposing minion, as usual.

Additional strikes are handled by having another choose strike step and resolve strike step in which only the minions with additional strikes may play strike cards. All additional strikes take place at the same range. This is repeated as necessary. A minion cannot use more than one card or effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat. This rule is reminded on those cards by the “(limited)” card text.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2021 17:56 #103869 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Additional Strikes

The rules for additional strikes are not entirely clear for some cases and have led to the following questions about how it should be handled:

Can Anarch Jacko play all, his special, :CEL: Blur, :cel: Hell-for-Leather and :CEL: Quickness immediately after the handling of the initial strikes, before handling any of the additional strikes i.e. setting up 5 additional strikes to be handled before handling any of them?

No. You can play one source of additional strike(s) after resolving the initial strikes, resolve the additional strike(s), then play one more other source of additional strike(s) (as long as you don't exceed the limit of course).

Are all gained additional strikes (e.g. :CEL: Blur, Lightning Reflexes where X>1 or the scenario above if allowed) handled simultaneously or one at a time?

Additional strikes are declared and resolved one after the other.

Can a minion play/gain more additional strikes while still having pending ones to resolve that were gained in a previous window after strike resolution or do they all have to have been handled first?

No.

If minion A plays :CEL: Blur against minion B that doesn't play any additional strikes, and then when handling minion A´s first additional strike can minion B play :CEL: Blur i.e. can additional strikes be played after strike resolution of what is not the initial strikes?

No. B must declare additional strikes after the initial strike resolution.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: inm8, Khormag

More
13 Nov 2021 09:12 - 13 Nov 2021 09:19 #103874 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Additional Strikes

No. You can play one source of additional strike(s) after resolving the initial strikes, resolve the additional strike(s), then play one more other source of additional strike(s) (as long as you don't exceed the limit of course).

No. B must declare additional strikes after the initial strike resolution.

The latter answer seems to contradict the first one...might be because of the below

If minion B didn´t have any additional strike(s) cards after the resolution of the initial strikes and then when the first additional strike of minion A is being resolved and minion B plays a prevention card, that results in drawing Blur as a replacement for it, minion B wouldn´t be allowed to play his Blur after the resolution of that strike (i.e. a minion is not allowed to play additional strikes after that they skip an opportunity to do so regardless of if it is by choice or lack of the needed cards/ability)?
Last edit: 13 Nov 2021 09:19 by inm8.

More
13 Nov 2021 18:00 #103878 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Additional Strikes

If minion B didn´t have any additional strike(s) cards after the resolution of the initial strikes and then when the first additional strike of minion A is being resolved and minion B plays a prevention card, that results in drawing Blur as a replacement for it, minion B wouldn´t be allowed to play his Blur after the resolution of that strike

No, B couldn't.

(i.e. a minion is not allowed to play additional strikes after that they skip an opportunity to do so regardless of if it is by choice or lack of the needed cards/ability)?

That's right.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: inm8

More
14 Nov 2021 15:21 #103884 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Additional Strikes
Might I propose ask (maybe inm8?) if one could craft some smartly worded section for the rulebook about this and propose it as enhancement?

More
15 Nov 2021 18:32 #103897 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Additional Strikes
If acting minion A chooses not to play any additional strike and passes impulse to minion B who does play additional strikes, can minion A now choose to play additional strike?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds