file Taste of Vitae and superior Telepathic Tracking

08 Apr 2022 11:39 #104956 by inm8
Can Taste of Vitae be played after superior Telepathic Tracking has been played?

Can superior Telepathic Tracking be played before Taste of Vitae is played?

I'm inclined to say no, TT is played when "combat would end" which is after the window of ToV which is "at the end of a round of combat." i.e. ToV´s window has passed when TT can be played. Also TT´s effect resolves immediately and thereby moves the combat to "Round Begins" of a new round.
I would say that TT cannot be played before ToV because the "timing window" for them is different and the time window to play ToV comes before the time window of TT.

"Only usable at the end of a round of combat." (Step E) != "Only usable ... combat would end." (Step F)

Old play sequence, which as far as I know still is applicable and is/was relevant when the original ruling was issued.

II) HOW TO RESOLVE A COMBAT
A) Round begins.
B) Determine (set) range
C) Strike.
D) Presses.
E) Round Ends.
F) Combat Ends.

The above would be in contradiction to the ruling [LSJ 20021113] (that is also refrenced by [ANK 20180910] ) which to me seems wrong,
If it isn´t please explain the logic of how it can be considered the "same timing window"?

Taste of Vitae

Telepathic Tracking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2022 12:18 #104957 by Legion
hm... It's a really good question. I can't find in the rulebook window to play superior Telepathic Tracking or Psyche!
Assuming that Ankha ruling stands... that means that End of Round step is the step you have to play all these cards.
But this is just my educated guess.

Honestly.... I little bit tired that all the rules explanations are somewhat hidden in the obscure google groups from 90x. And like .... always someone answering a rules questions with the link from 20 years ago.

Maybe VTES needs something like a gatherer website in mtg? I know that a codex site is trying to do the same but, looks like it needs to have more content.

More
08 Apr 2022 15:13 #104958 by beslin igor
Very complicated,but answer is yes,you can play TT before of after ToV.
By ruling from 2018 Taste of Vitae / Disarm / Psyche / Telepathic Tracking you can play by any order,2021 ruling is changed to you cannot play Psyche before Telepathic Tracking.
But maybe is also something changed after 2021 year.
will put you 2 links here,you can read discusion:
www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76990-correct-order-impulse-for-combat-cards-after-combat?start=0

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78241-relentless-reaper-vs-blissful-agony-and-scheduled-combat-rulings-ambiguity?start=0

More
08 Apr 2022 16:39 #104959 by KoRneeshon
Maybe TT should say "queue a new round" instead of "start a new round", so that there's a clear end-round window after it is played.

More
11 Apr 2022 12:09 #104990 by lip

Maybe VTES needs something like a gatherer website in mtg? I know that a codex site is trying to do the same but, looks like it needs to have more content.

I do agree, and this is exactly why I started the rulings thing on the Codex. I'm always up for new content and contributions are welcome. This is an open-source project. Please reach out if you have any idea on improvements: here, on the GitHub page of the Codex project , or on the official Discord server.

Cheers!

More
11 Apr 2022 14:00 #104993 by inm8

Very complicated,but answer is yes,you can play TT before of after ToV.
By ruling from 2018 Taste of Vitae / Disarm / Psyche / Telepathic Tracking you can play by any order,2021 ruling is changed to you cannot play Psyche before Telepathic Tracking.
But maybe is also something changed after 2021 year.
will put you 2 links here,you can read discusion:
www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76990-correct-order-impulse-for-combat-cards-after-combat?start=0

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78241-relentless-reaper-vs-blissful-agony-and-scheduled-combat-rulings-ambiguity?start=0

Thanks for sharing the links, I did read those threads and are actually linked in my initial post.

None of those explain how or why they are considered to be the same timing-window, which is what i am questioning/asking to be explained.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds