file Charming Lobby + a political action card (KRC)

06 Jul 2022 16:07 #105659 by inm8

Note that it is NOT the PA card in hand that is used to call the referendum.

But under no circumstances should the referred PA card be returned to hand, since it is not the one being used to call the referendum, as DT requires.

Fully agree with you here, Delaying Tactics literally looks for "if a political action card was played to call this referendum".

LSJ makes it quite clear that it is the action (i.e. Charming Lobby) that calls the referendum which by extension can only mean that it is only Charming Lobby that is played to call this referendum....he makes no attempt to say that it is the combined effort of Charming Lobby + the PA card.

That the Charming Lobby action would fizzle if the PA card in hand wasn´t available to be played at the time of action resolution is no different from not having a valid target or enough blood at the time of resolving an action which is a matter of meeting requirements, but this doesn´t make the PA card being played to call this referendum.

[LSJ 20020308]
> 1) I'm still not totally clear on Charming Lobby. As far as I
> understand it, it chains two actions together (the CL + the
> political action, which muct be in your hand when CL is
> called).
No. It is one action. That action calls the referendum on a PA card
in your hand (playing the card) or as allowed by a card in play. If
the action is blocked, the PA cards (if any) is not played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2022 09:29 - 15 Jul 2022 09:34 #105733 by Bloodartist

You still seem to not see the difference between political action card (the one with an appropriate icon) and political action - something executed from CL, political action card or, say, Black Forest Base or Dmitra ability etc. Ankha explained it in this topic quite well.

The reason is that it shouldn't matter.

Last I checked, Charming lobby is a card. Are we all in agreement? It is not a flowerpot or a trombone? It is a card.

It defines itself as a political action in its cardtext (golden rule)

Therefore it is a political action card. The definitions of the rulebook are overridden by cardtext itself. Which is the golden rule. The one rule that should always hold true, except Ankha has ignored it probably as many times as he has utilized it.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 15 Jul 2022 09:34 by Bloodartist.

More
15 Jul 2022 17:43 #105739 by Ankha

You still seem to not see the difference between political action card (the one with an appropriate icon) and political action - something executed from CL, political action card or, say, Black Forest Base or Dmitra ability etc. Ankha explained it in this topic quite well.

The reason is that it shouldn't matter.

Last I checked, Charming lobby is a card. Are we all in agreement? It is not a flowerpot or a trombone? It is a card.

It defines itself as a political action in its cardtext (golden rule)

Therefore it is a political action card. The definitions of the rulebook are overridden by cardtext itself. Which is the golden rule. The one rule that should always hold true, except Ankha has ignored it probably as many times as he has utilized it.

The Golden Rule of cards doesn't state that you mash words together and draw conclusions.
The Baron is not a baron for instance.
Also, I don't know why you state I'm ignoring that rule, do you have any ground for that or is it just a random attack?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds