file Procurer recruiting another with The Shard

16 Jul 2023 22:03 - 16 Jul 2023 22:06 #108717 by Coyote
If it's open for debate, I feel that The Shard makes The procurer a card that cost no blood, qualifying an Ally to play it.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2023 22:06 by Coyote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2023 06:02 #108718 by Ankha

Below question came up in the discord;

While having the edge and The Shard, London in play, can one have a Procurer that is in play recruit another Procurer with the help of The Shard by reducing the blood cost of it to 0?

Yes, since the card doesn't cost blood anymore.

I was looking for older rulings involving Sunset Strip, Hollywood or Jennifer Flame61, but couldn't find any.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, inm8

More
17 Jul 2023 13:20 #108721 by inm8

I was looking for older rulings involving Sunset Strip, Hollywood or Jennifer Flame61, but couldn't find any.

I did the same and also came up short…might be worth to consider a rewording of the current rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
17 Jul 2023 14:55 - 17 Jul 2023 14:58 #108722 by Bloodartist

But why (if so)?
A Procurer would not be able to announce the action since recruiting another Procurer would cost him blood, and a Procurer has no blood.

It is possible to use cost-reducing cards such as Shard, the Line, etc at any time, including when you announce the action to make an action that would otherwise be unplayable, playable.

My search-fu is not strong, but here is a ruling.
www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/80612-when-to-use-shard-the-line-when-action-becoems-to-expensive-after-announcement#108409

I admit I didn't think of the rule that an action that costs blood can only be attempted by a vampire, but I dont think it applies here. Technically an action that costs too much cannot be attempted either, but shard/line makes it possible.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 17 Jul 2023 14:58 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
17 Jul 2023 14:56 - 17 Jul 2023 14:57 #108723 by Bloodartist
(EDIT) Forums working poorly, somehow created a double post even when there exists a script to prevent it..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 17 Jul 2023 14:57 by Bloodartist.

More
18 Jul 2023 09:42 #108730 by Coyote
Maybe the rule is a bit redundant.

A minion already should be able to pay the cost of a card when he plays it (both checking the cost at announce and at pay time). Covered already by the rules.

A minion can not simply play a card that cannot pay. An ally cannot pay a card that cost blood.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds