times Loving Agony and Catatonic Fear

10 Feb 2011 21:45 #1261 by Suoli

Because LJS made a ruling that you can not use target vitals on CF. I believe there is a window there that is missed. One occurs immediately while the other is after combat.

The latest ruling (from 2009) I can find indicates that T:V can be played on CF.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/a65aac793032049a/98f97bcf7182437b?q=catatonic+fear+target+vitals+author:lsj#98f97bcf7182437b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2011 23:16 #1277 by Juggernaut1981

Loving Agony
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Valeren/Animalism
Only usable at close range.
[ani] Strike: hand strike at +1 damage.
[val] Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.
[VAL] As [val] above, and this vampire may burn 1 blood to untap before combat ends.

Catatonic Fear
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Presence

Strike: combat ends.
 As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

I would disagree with Floppy.

Catatonic Fear has (at :PRE:) Strike: Combat ends, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Loving Agony has (at :val:) Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.

Loving Agony does not have the comma "," between the Strike and the "and". So Loving Agony would work like Majesty (Strike: Combat Ends and untap this vampire) and deal the damage during combat which would make it preventable. At :VAL: the effect, while separated by a comma, explicitly states its timing.

LSJ has ruled that you can play Target Vitals on Catatonic Fear and it will deal the additional damage.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 Feb 2011 23:26 - 10 Feb 2011 23:29 #1279 by jhattara
Both cards work exactly the same way. The damage is done after combat.

IF there is an untap effect it goes before the end of combat. IF it is any other effect, it goes after combat. Right?

Precisely (also, all the untap effects have been rewritten so that their overriding of that default (after) is explicit.

AND

Can I play Target Vitals with Catatonic Fear?

Yes.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 10 Feb 2011 23:29 by jhattara.

More
11 Feb 2011 00:45 #1280 by Baronofhilliard
I was thinking of Oubliette.

More
11 Feb 2011 01:27 #1285 by Adonai

Target cards can be played with Oubliette.

They have no effect when they rely on dealing damage, as damage is not done by Oubliette.

More
11 Feb 2011 03:53 #1290 by Baronofhilliard

Target cards can be played with Oubliette.

They have no effect when they rely on dealing damage, as damage is not done by Oubliette.

The point is that there would be no point since you burn a life and not take damage. You can play it as many other cards to get them from your hand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds