file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

25 Apr 2012 10:14 #28671 by Juggernaut1981
Vast Wealth forces you to find the "First Equipment in your library". If there is one, then you MUST put it on the minion and pay its cost (even if paying the cost will reduce your pool to 0). If the first equipment in your library is not found, since there is none, then you fail to find the first and shuffle.

I think Lilith's Blessing would be a lot less of a hassle if there were anti-Bahari cards, but these won't have been developed purely because of the sudden ending of development of VTES.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2012 10:17 #28672 by Ohlmann

I think Lilith's Blessing would be a lot less of a hassle if there were anti-Bahari cards, but these won't have been developed purely because of the sudden ending of development of VTES.

With the huge number of bahari vampire and card giving bahari, it seem to be a clunky and very situational card.

If we want anti-Bahari card, we also need more bahari. Putting a card that is useful only against Infamous Insurgent and Lillith Blessing is not too sexy for me, and in any way about as situational as playing Infamous Warlock because the local meta is filled with !tremere vote.

More
25 Apr 2012 23:37 #28710 by KevinM

Anti-X cards absolutely, positively do NOT make X less powerful, and therefore are EXACTLY the wrong approach to card design.

Instead, unbalanced cards are rewritten to be balanced (2nd and 5th Tradition) or are banned (PTO, Edge Explosion) because they cannot be balanced through rewriting, although some banned cards could have been fixed IMO (Memories of Mortality).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
26 Apr 2012 02:12 #28711 by Dorrinal
To bring Kevin's comments around to Lilith's Blessing in particular: the biggest problem (and in my opinion the only problem) is Lilith's Blessing rewards players for sucking their vampires dry, gaining an extra 3 or more pool off each Villein. I challenge anyone to solve that problem with a card text change.

(hint: making it unique doesn't solve the problem)

:trem:

More
26 Apr 2012 02:36 #28712 by Wedge
That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood (from a vampire you control) and becomes Bahari.

More
26 Apr 2012 04:02 #28714 by direwolf
What if "Lilith's Blessing" were to burn under the condition that that you do not move a master card to the vampire?

In theory, it would force players to pack multiple "Lilith's Bessings" or pack enough Discipline cards, as well as prevent it form being abused on vampires who do not need the disciplines.

Anyway, just a thought.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds