file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

26 Apr 2012 04:45 #28715 by Nick M
If the aim is to stop Villein/Lilith's Blessing. Some text could be added to Lilith's Blessing to the effect that you cannot use it if you have already used a master phase action this turn.
This will stop Villein/Lilith's Blessing bloat and abuse with multiple master phase decks. Yet still be playable by decks that have problems with blood management. Salubri anti, Ravnos...

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2012 06:46 #28722 by Lönkka

IMHO Lilith's Blessing is only superpowerful because of Villein.

Not so.

Weenie decks that use cards that cost blood also benefit HUGELY from Lilith's Blessing.

Dominate weenies for example tend to run out of blood quite quickly (Gover, Conditioning, Deflect,...) and Lilith's Blessing really gives them a boost.

Also the skill card fetching of Lilith's Blessing works great for weenies.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Apr 2012 06:59 - 26 Apr 2012 08:06 #28725 by Boris The Blade

To bring Kevin's comments around to Lilith's Blessing in particular: the biggest problem (and in my opinion the only problem) is Lilith's Blessing rewards players for sucking their vampires dry, gaining an extra 3 or more pool off each Villein. I challenge anyone to solve that problem with a card text change.

(hint: making it unique doesn't solve the problem)

That's easy: change Villein so that a vampire with a Villein on him becomes Bahari. Minion Tap + Lilith's Blessing is already much more acceptable due to the MPA cost.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 08:06 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chaitan

More
26 Apr 2012 07:08 - 26 Apr 2012 07:09 #28727 by Chaitan

IMHO Lilith's Blessing is only superpowerful because of Villein.

Not so.

Weenie decks that use cards that cost blood also benefit HUGELY from Lilith's Blessing.

Dominate weenies for example tend to run out of blood quite quickly (Gover, Conditioning, Deflect,...) and Lilith's Blessing really gives them a boost.

Also the skill card fetching of Lilith's Blessing works great for weenies.

Yes, it's a great card. Just like Dreams of the Sphinx or Perfectionist. It is a very useful card for just about any deck and as you said, for weenies just more so.

My argument was not that LB is a bad card just that Villein makes it so much better.

Edit: I love Boris The Blade's suggestion.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 07:09 by Chaitan.

More
26 Apr 2012 07:16 #28728 by Reyda
As Pascal said in another thread : Lilith's blessing was made for a storyline event. Thus, its impact on the game may have been greatly overlooked.
Either ban it, or make it unique so we can contest it like we can already do for the rack, the coven or jake.

Boris suggestion is interesting, but it makes another change to villein solely based on the existence of Lilith. Let's errata lilith instead.
kthx.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
26 Apr 2012 07:28 #28730 by Ashur
I really don´t like banning or errata. In my experience the card isn´t all that good. In the swedish enviroment you really have to pick your MPA´s, and playing with the Villein+Lilith´s combo takes just about all you MPA´s, unless you have alot of them.

A better way would be to add a couple of cards that hoses Lilith´s a bit. Not "silver bullet"-I destroy your game-hosing, but gentle smooth-hosing :)

It´s much more urgent to do something about MMPA-decks in general. Like I said, they are the ones that really can abuse Lilith´s.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds