file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

27 Apr 2012 17:21 #28831 by Reyda
excuse me but did I say anything about his tournament achievements ? I think not.
Did I say that he didn't really see the card in action. I think I did.

Thanks for your aknowledgement of this simple fact.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2012 19:28 - 27 Apr 2012 19:32 #28838 by Surreal

excuse me but did I say anything about his tournament achievements ? I think not.
Did I say that he didn't really see the card in action. I think I did.

Thanks for your aknowledgement of this simple fact.

I really don't think this is the case. What I feel is Sweden has the one of the most "competetive" metagame but of course I can't say this as a fact. You have to think also that metagame shifts if Villein (+Lilith) is played a lot. Change of meta game is not necessary a bad thing. You just have to adapt and think what you will face. Just bloating will rarely win and I am glad that more players realize that just sitting on your place won't make you win.

I know Xaddam has a lot of tournament experience. You can just see the huge experience and benefit also for the whole community when listening the podcasts. You seem to play the card "He doesn't have any real tournament experience" to other posters very easily. At least you should have the courage to post what is your experience. If you don't do this I really can't see you as only troll in Vekn forum.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2012 19:32 by Surreal.

More
27 Apr 2012 19:40 #28841 by Ohlmann

You seem to play the card "He doesn't have any real tournament experience" to other posters very easily. At least you should have the courage to post what is your experience. If you don't do this I really can't see you as only troll in Vekn forum.

Well, it may be part stockholm syndrom, but as fa as I know he is between average and good player and is far from completely speaking out of his ass.

Still, the argument here is weak, because it forget that a lot of people are cutting corner, conscienly or not, to make use of Lillith, not unlike excessive "freak drive, hunt" to cycle card that I see sometime.

The real question would more be, can we say that blood on a vampire is more useful than pool when you can use the aforementioned pool to bring another vampire and transfert the pool to perfectly useable blood and one additional use of Lillith ? On the long run, pool would almost alway beat blood, while on the short run the calcul of blood powering card being more useful than pool would be pretty true.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
27 Apr 2012 20:00 #28842 by Reyda

At least you should have the courage to post what is your experience.

Well, if you give a damn, actually I started playing Jyhad since day one and never stopped since. Some of my worst decks are in the twda. And for what it's worth, I made it to the vtes hall of fame, though I avoid to play Tier 1 in tournaments. You can trust me on this one, I know this game ;) Playing a lot (like two game sessions a week), with very competitive players who are abusing on purpose most of the cards, means more chances to see broken things in motion.

If you don't do this I really can't see you as only troll in Vekn forum.

But you can still consider me as a troll, since I'm always a bit on the trolling side. No offense taken :side:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
27 Apr 2012 20:12 #28844 by Surreal
My biggest problem with Lilith is that it works so good with Villein and it is auto include with some decks. This is a bit obvious. You don't have to focus your deck with Lilith, just add 2x if playing with Villein and your deck is better.

Biggest thing for me is that I don't understand the design behind Lilith. It shouldn't be rewarded to go 0 blood with your vampire, it should be the oppisite. Poor planning should not be rewarded ever. Players shoul always think carefully how much blood to leave. But this is a bit personal issue also because I hate the game play when everyone bloats, blocks and doesn't go foward. Lilith can encourage that and person with best sitting muscles usually wins.

More
27 Apr 2012 20:13 #28845 by Ashur

Sorry my friend, no offense but i just stopped reading at this point since it came clear that you never saw the card in action.

Try reading what he writes and answer why he´s wrong instead of going on like this.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds