file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

26 Apr 2012 10:11 #28754 by Ashur

you still have room for 2-3 other masters (info highway, Giant's blood ?). And the cards are there. The additional lilith's can be discarded by using dreams effectively. You have room.

I guess this depends on how many cards you want in your deck in total. I seldom build decks over 75 cards unless they are strict stealth-bleed, and then the amount of masters you suggest is a bit too much, and you jam on Villeins, don´t draw your Lilith´s etc. But I can agree to disagree here, no problem.

On another note: The metagame are bound to evolve because of Lilith´s, and it doesn´t have to be all bad. When many Lilith-decks turned up around here, we saw an increase in rush decks and attrition decks. Vampires get more vulnerable when their low on blood.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2012 12:19 - 26 Apr 2012 12:19 #28758 by Jeff Kuta
Lilith's Blessing is obviously on the upper end of the power curve. But is it broken enough to warrant errata or banning?

It fundamentally says, "Add 3 pool to the game, multiple times. Only usable in combination with a certain set of game state characteristics." That game state (empty ready vampire and an available master phase action) is not too hard to achieve. But then, neither it is that hard to achieve passing a successful referendum and then playing Voter Captivation. Or to play Giant's Blood. Or pass Ancient Influence or Political Stranglehold. Or successfully Govern the Unaligned at superior. Or play Powerbase: Montreal (which someone benefits from every turn it is in play, often more than one person).

So, on the whole, I don't think Lilith's Blessing is *more* broken than any of those other pool gain tactics. It's just very good at what it does and the opportunity costs to using it are relatively low.

Best Solution For Now: Play more Sudden Reversals and Washes.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 12:19 by Jeff Kuta.

More
26 Apr 2012 13:11 #28760 by Reyda
I totally agree on the "play more sudden part". And it's sad since it's the only thing that breaks the combo (succesful & efficient rush aside I guess)
At least there are many way to stop a political action : intercept, delaying, outvoting etc...

Additionnal argument : you seem to forget that Lilith's blessing can *stack on top* of things like passing a voter captivation on a political stranglehold. " Hey, look at me gaining 15 pool total this turn "

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
26 Apr 2012 14:02 #28765 by Wedge
Put this card in play. As your first master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Nick M, Surreal, Ohlmann

More
26 Apr 2012 14:24 #28766 by Reyda

Put this card in play. As your first master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

nice !

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
26 Apr 2012 14:29 #28767 by Ohlmann

A clean way to avoid using minion tap or Villein too easily and to force to have a bloodless vampire exploitable at least by your predator.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds