file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

24 Apr 2013 10:05 #47536 by Azel
Good, LB is banned already. Let's be mindful not to let such problems repeat.

Three seems like the happy "blood on a minion" median to keep it safe and optimally productive as "bleed for three" is the happy bleed median.

There's enough Life in the City and The Coven that you'd think Lilith's Blessing would have not raised eyebrows. However there seems to be enough stress out there in games (from I guess gun/Lid combat, S:CE blood costs, bounce costs, etc.) that three seems just about right to press the advantage without as heavy risk. And in that respect, like a sort of saddle point, it's like how bleeds for three tend to work as a "safe bleed max," not leaving you open to AI, not
tossing too heavy a swing in the face of bounce-castles, not garnering high upstream or cross-table aggression... three as a seemingly acceptable threat threshold.

Do the better players routinely play it safe? No. But maxing out the speed upon which less risk-taking players can ride that comfortable thin line seems like a terrible design decision. There should be a cost to risky and cautious behavior. That thin line is useful in the way player skill can cross back and forth into the hazardous terrain of "too risky" and "too cautious." Keep that tension; don't discard it for convenience.

As a side comment:
If Villein remains a problem, limit its pool recursion to 5th Tradition and Entrenching levels of gain. Cap the pool recursion to 5 max. Open-ended effects naturally have huge swing potential. As a game of small effects, big swing effects should have higher cost thresholds; Villein might still be too ideal. And I wholly support the same sort of limits to Voter Captivation...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2013 10:10 #47686 by jamesatzephyr

To be honest, multiple MPA cards are more the source of the problem than Lillith herself. Without MPA, it's powerful but problematics

Reyda's necro-ing of the thread made me read this again, and with a possible POD change, made me think of:
...While you control Lilith's Blessing, you can spend only one master phase action during your master phase.

Which is probably way over the top, but amuses me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
25 Apr 2013 13:53 #47703 by Mael
Another possible fix for it would be 'if you do not find a master:Discipline card, burn Lilith's Blessing.' after all other effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.tatu, porphyrion

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds