file Most Interesting Decks to Play

16 Nov 2013 23:44 #56663 by Klaital
Just because you don't like something doesn't neseccarily mean its bad, different people like different types of decks. I play plenty of 90 card decks, I also have smaller decks, and I have also won tournaments with 90 card decks, so once again, different people like different decks, just because you don't personally like something doesn't automatically mean its bad. Also Trochomancy is played mostly by harbingers, harbinger decks in general are fairly wallish so they aren't going to speed oust anyone and thus not being able to get +2 bleed on turn 2-4 isn't going to bother them much. I am not saying you should play 10 trochomancies in a deck, but like 4-6 is just fine. If you draw one to your starting hand, you can always discard it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 03:46 #56664 by Juggernaut1981
Trochomancy is not as terrible as you make it out to be. It is an important way to hit recycler decks and other "ash-heap dependent" decks like Shambler decks. Trochomancy does not specify which cards are removed, so you may choose any cards you wish (also since the the ashheap is unordered you can't make it happen any other way [maybe James Coupe or someone else with stronger Google-Group Fu can find the relevant LSJ reference to the unordered state of the ashheap] )

I am not going to say it is the best card ever, but you can work on it. It can work with Slaughterhouses, you could use it as a surprise card with someone like Julio Martinez and Dirty Little Secrets-type tricks.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Nov 2013 15:17 #56688 by ReverendRevolver
I feel the primary issue here is that one playerhas an opinion not shared by (well, everyone else posting...) and he refuses to concede anything.

Few points:

If i were o sleeve 50-55% of the cards in my deck upside down, it would annoy the crap outta me.
But i COULD do it. But, someone like Kevin M not only wouldnt typically so something like that, but would feel a need to have someone with misoriented cardsleevings committed to an asylum.
Im a tad wacky if i do it, and hed be more irritated than me if he played using said deck. I concede hed be more in the right, but the whole things trivial.

Izzak thinks toolbox= deck of cards doing all over the place shit instead of winning. So, my g2 ks stealthbleed has more prison of the mind and restructure than eyes of chaos and ks, thats toolbox.

I barely agree. Carna with 8 gtu, 5 eoa, 6 deflextions, 5 mots, bowl, bow, citadel, sniper rifle, etc, is the go to toolbox. Saulot decks are normally toobox. Grimders CAN be toolboxes.
Toolbox is you have some plan of dealing with more specialized things, normally. Kiasyd who can rush with earthsword and aota could block and bleed and be toolbox.
Disproving izzaak, Santaleous celerity guns with 6 trochomancy and rack+palatial on santaleous is barely a toolbox. It is celerity guns, and has pump and master cancel for everyone, regardless of if its intended prey, imbued or mmpa, is at the table. Its aus cel guns wall combat. With a focused strategy that works better or worse sometimes. Barely a toolbox

Izzaaks definition isnt coherent with the general consensus, thats the fact of the discussion.

More
18 Nov 2013 17:36 #56689 by DeathInABottle

Izzaaks definition isnt coherent with the general consensus, thats the fact of the discussion.

Agreed. And he's being weirdly aggressive in his defense of his definition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
18 Nov 2013 23:59 #56693 by Haze
no i think he has a point. trochomancy is a silver bullet much like conditioning, useless 99% of the time. if you do the math, 95 times out of 100, it is unplayable because your vampire either lacks dominate or has no blood. and once in a while, your prey is playing a strategy of "stay above 1 pool to not get ousted, maybe 4 is better" and then it literally shuts down their plan for the rest of the game.

c'mon you guys need to L2P. git gud, scrubs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drnlmza, ReverendRevolver

More
19 Nov 2013 05:18 #56694 by Lemminkäinen

So 99 times out of 100 your prey does not have 7 cards in their ash heap, huh?

In the first turns? Nope. Eventually? Sure. Is that relevant? No. That's why it's a silver bullet. You're ok with playing a copy because it can usually be used eventually, and when it's actually good it's amazing. You're not ok with playing multiples, because if you do you are going to draw multiples and you are you going to play with a 5 card hand.

By that logic stealth in a political deck is a "silver bullet" since you might not run into any intercept. I mean, yeah, you won't pack eight Trochomancies in your deck. So what? You won't pack eight copies of Dreams or On the Qui Vive, either. You really consider those "silver bullets"?

If i were o sleeve 50-55% of the cards in my deck upside down, it would annoy the crap outta me.
But i COULD do it. But, someone like Kevin M not only wouldnt typically so something like that, but would feel a need to have someone with misoriented cardsleevings committed to an asylum.
Im a tad wacky if i do it, and hed be more irritated than me if he played using said deck. I concede hed be more in the right, but the whole things trivial.

Dude, I have absolutely zero idea what you are trying to say here.

I find that lately a lot of the time I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say, which is annoying since you post a lot. I guess that at least half of the problem is that you write in this really, really weird style coupled with lots and lots of typos and tend to go on really strange tangents in the form of incomprehensible anecdotes that come from seemingly nowhere whilst namedropping US players a lot.

I mean, I love you, man, but please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds