file Most Interesting Decks to Play

19 Nov 2013 06:29 #56695 by Randy

So what? You won't pack eight copies of Dreams or On the Qui Vive, either. You really consider those "silver bullets"?

I have at least 2 decks with 8 on the quie vive and 4+ decks with dreams. You should try it, its awesome!

Prince of Lidingö
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2013 09:47 #56699 by Lemminkäinen

So what? You won't pack eight copies of Dreams or On the Qui Vive, either. You really consider those "silver bullets"?

I have at least 2 decks with 8 on the quie vive and 4+ decks with dreams. You should try it, its awesome!

OK, yeah, I've used lots of OtQV in a Nocturn deck, but that's a special case.

More
19 Nov 2013 13:33 - 19 Nov 2013 13:33 #56703 by jamesatzephyr

Many Dreams in a deck is totally worth it for the time you get to go:

"I tap the Dreams for the final time, to increase my hand size by 2 for the rest of the turn."
*move Dreams to ash heap*
*watch other player on table think "Yay! I can play mine now without contesting it!"*
"I play another copy of Dreams."
*watch other player's hopes and dreams crumble*

Really, you have to take pride in the little things.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2013 13:33 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
19 Nov 2013 15:04 #56706 by cos
even funnier when you burn the 2nd dreams and then play a 3rd.

More
19 Nov 2013 21:13 #56740 by Juggernaut1981

Many Dreams in a deck is totally worth it for the time you get to go:

"I tap the Dreams for the final time, to increase my hand size by 2 for the rest of the turn."
*move Dreams to ash heap*
*watch other player on table think "Yay! I can play mine now without contesting it!"*
"I play another copy of Dreams."
*watch other player's hopes and dreams crumble*

Really, you have to take pride in the little things.

James, don't forget when you then tap the 2nd Dreams to gain another +2 hand size and have a hand of 11 cards... It's the little joys that make VTES great.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Nov 2013 01:52 #56751 by ReverendRevolver

So 99 times out of 100 your prey does not have 7 cards in their ash heap, huh?

In the first turns? Nope. Eventually? Sure. Is that relevant? No. That's why it's a silver bullet. You're ok with playing a copy because it can usually be used eventually, and when it's actually good it's amazing. You're not ok with playing multiples, because if you do you are going to draw multiples and you are you going to play with a 5 card hand.

By that logic stealth in a political deck is a "silver bullet" since you might not run into any intercept. I mean, yeah, you won't pack eight Trochomancies in your deck. So what? You won't pack eight copies of Dreams or On the Qui Vive, either. You really consider those "silver bullets"?

If i were o sleeve 50-55% of the cards in my deck upside down, it would annoy the crap outta me.
But i COULD do it. But, someone like Kevin M not only wouldnt typically so something like that, but would feel a need to have someone with misoriented cardsleevings committed to an asylum.
Im a tad wacky if i do it, and hed be more irritated than me if he played using said deck. I concede hed be more in the right, but the whole things trivial.

Dude, I have absolutely zero idea what you are trying to say here.

I find that lately a lot of the time I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say, which is annoying since you post a lot. I guess that at least half of the problem is that you write in this really, really weird style coupled with lots and lots of typos and tend to go on really strange tangents in the form of incomprehensible anecdotes that come from seemingly nowhere whilst namedropping US players a lot.

I mean, I love you, man, but please.

I am sorry about the wierdness. I only play 1 time annually with players not from one section of the US. So, the NAC is long done, i think i said something aboit Mikkels journal deck, and thats the extent of my non- US players being mentioned.

The key thing about my story is Mergen is OCD. ask anyone who knows him. Izaak is being illogically one sided aboit something. Most people can say "meh, oh well, different ideas". But Kevin wouldnt be able to tolerate upside down cards in sleeves, and apparently Izaak cant tolerate being the only person who sees "toolbox" as "shitty deck".

Typos im not sorry for. Phone is the devil, and im sure its screwed up simething in this very post.

I will try to be less comfusing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds