file Balancing Ashur Tablets

27 Jul 2014 08:42 #64141 by Lambach
Replied by Lambach on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

No card that anyone bought from a pack for will ever be banned while the current administration is in charge.

I have said many times that Pascal is one of the hardest working members of the Inner Circle. (And lately Gines, who I'm sure spends more time getting art together than designers spend mulling over cards.)

How would you know? Stop the unjustified accusations, please, or leave forever and never come back.

If the decision were solely up to him, I think he'd make the right one. But there are other pressures that will block any decision to ban cards that people have bought out of packs. Those are things beyond Pascal's control.

What "other pressures"?? Stop the unjustified accusations, please, or leave forever and never come back.

I think that you've caused enough damage around here and your minor contributions are far outweighed by your constant scab-picking and trolling the good, hard-working volunteers or this community. I had thought that MAYBE you had put all of this filth behind you. It saddens me deeply to see that I was wrong.

What a shame that you are still mentally ill with lingering paranoia and lashing out at the ones that you believe hurt you with both subtle and unjustified accusations is still your prime motivating factor.

MODERATORS: I'm calling for a public forum and serious consideration to ban Jeff Kuta from this website unless a public apology is given from his for his continued unjustified accusations against the various parties involved. His presence HURTS this website and his unjustified accusations are borderline libelous.

When one finds cancer, one cuts out the cancer. Jeff Kuta is a cancer on this website and on the game that we all love and his continued actions prove that he cares for neither.

This post made me laugh outloud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2014 09:14 #64143 by Juggernaut1981

MODERATORS: I'm calling for a public forum and serious consideration to ban Jeff Kuta from this website unless a public apology is given from his for his continued unjustified accusations against the various parties involved. His presence HURTS this website and his unjustified accusations are borderline libelous.

When one finds cancer, one cuts out the cancer. Jeff Kuta is a cancer on this website and on the game that we all love and his continued actions prove that he cares for neither.

Kevin, we don't need to do that... and yes, I do realise I am about to defend the existence of Jeff Kuta on this forum.**

Jeff plays the vital role of being the example we can hold up, in general, of "How things should not be done". He is the straight-man to our funny-man. He is the clown-car to the lion taming. He is the tragedy face to the comedy face. Without a clear version of things we should not do, we'd be forced to compare people to Nazis and holocaust participants. We would be proving Godwin's law at a far greater pace without Jeff around.

We shouldn't ban Jeff Kuta. There are reasons we need him here.

**Based on past experience, this may mean that Jeff calls for his own banning himself, purely because I am for the opposite of that.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
27 Jul 2014 09:17 #64144 by Juggernaut1981

Tech to recycle cards has been sitting at:
1) RFG the card you play and it is some form of action.
2) 4 cards at most.
3) No secondary benefit to card recycling.

Why should that mean no new cards/designs allowed?

As always, no rational argument from your side, just subjective opinions.

That's because this isn't an argument but a statement of the situation. If you remove Ashur Tablets from the cards you consider, then all other cards that return cards from the ashheap to the library meet the above three criteria.

Don't accuse me of making a subjective opinion when I'm making an observation of the state of card design.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
27 Jul 2014 11:21 #64146 by Jeff Kuta

I liked Jeff Kuta's idea, "Fragment of Ashur's Tablet" that could return the AT competition. Something along the line of:

Fragment of Ashur's Tablet, Master, Trifle
Card text:
Put this card in play. Remove all Fragment of Ashur's Tablets AND Ashur's Tablet in play from the game when you have 3 Fragments of Ashur's Tablets in play to gain 1 pool and you may select up to 5 cards in your ashheap and reshuffle them into your library.

The tech to recycle cards is not flawed, however 13 cards is over the top imho.

The general idea for Fragment of Ashur's Tablet was cordovader's, put out in a response to my thought experiment.

13 cards was chosen for Ashur Tablets because there are 13 major clans/antediluvians. Changing it would break some flavor of the game.

For your card above, I'd go with zero pool gain and 7 cards from ash heap into library--7 naturally because, just like Trochomancy which also uses 13, there were 7 original Camarilla clans before the Gangrel left. Yes, numerology does and should exist in VtM/VtES.

Juggernaut is right to call this proposal a silver bullet because it is targeted in reaction to a single strong card, but he also calls Villein a silver bullet, so I'm not sure what he's getting at there.

That's my only objection to it. I think the proposal is fairly balanced overall. And if there's a thread to include proposals, this is certainly the right spot.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
27 Jul 2014 11:41 #64156 by Jeff Kuta

Erm... Perhaps you should actually read the quotes you quoted... Seems to me that Jeff said nothing disrespectful nor anything close to an accusation... As someone new to these forums I just have to step back and marvel at these petty squables that make no sense...

ps. would be nice if this turned into a constructive thread!!! *HINT HINT*

Yeah, well there is a *lot* of history here. KevinM and I have met a few times in real life and got along great--I went to his hometown of Las Vegas for business a few times, he drove me around town, I bought him dinner on my company's dime, saw his house, played VtES at a mutual friend's. Then I think (?) I said something he didn't like (I still have no idea what this may be, but possibly something related to politics) on facebook and he unfriended me. I only mention this because it is an act he took, for whatever reason. I guess it's easy come, easy go there.

And then the shit hit the fan a couple years back with the first incarnation of the Design Team. And it hit badly. Really badly. The posts are still on the forum. Go find the most read ones in history if you want to see it all. I'm not gonna rehash it again.

Anyway, KevinM now seems to jump all over threads where I say anything about the current Inner Circle and Design Team. Just like any group, people's contributions vary. If my time "on the inside" is any indication of how things go currently, then my observations are valid. I also base my statements on the output I have seen. I just gave my perspective, and he doesn't like it, so he calls me a cancer that should be excised. Whatever. Some people have an odd relationship with maintaining the status quo and shielding those in power from criticism.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
27 Jul 2014 11:43 #64158 by Jeff Kuta

**Based on past experience, this may mean that Jeff calls for his own banning himself, purely because I am for the opposite of that.

Look in the mirror.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds