file Balancing Ashur Tablets

28 Jul 2014 17:20 #64312 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

[Liquididation] is an Ashur enabler, but Ashurs are more broken, for sure. The same logic proving its only broken with ashurs prove its only broken with ashurs.

So, Ashurs recurring masters is a problem.

May I borrow your reasoning by replacing "Ashur Tablets" by "MMPA decks" and "Liquidation" by "Ashur Tablets"?

"Ashur Tablets are MMPA decks enabler, but MMPA decks are more broken, for sure. The same logic proving they're only broken with MMPA decks prove they're only broken with MMPA decks.
So, MMPA deck recurring masters is a problem."

I didn't grap all your concepts, but the root of the problem is MMPA decks, not Ashur.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2014 18:08 #64318 by Pascal Bertrand

Plainly, they are looking into stuff. Constantly. Its Pascals call, and hes a very thout out decision maker on thwse. Blaming "current administration" here works less well than even normal. Pascal is this vague and malevalent "them" and its freakin Pascal, so hes incredibly nice and tactical about rules decisions.

I have said many times that Pascal is one of the hardest working members of the Inner Circle. (And lately Gines, who I'm sure spends more time getting art together than designers spend mulling over cards.) If the decision were solely up to him, I think he'd make the right one. But there are other pressures that will block any decision to ban cards that people have bought out of packs. Those are things beyond Pascal's control.

Interesting. So you think that things haven't changed because people didn't want them to change?
What if I don't want them to change, but they want?

It doesn't matter anyways - Ashur's Tablet's cardtext is what it is.
I do have ideas on what to change on them.

One of those I particularly like is:

"Put this card in play. If you have three copies in play, remove all copies in play (even controlled by other Methuselahs) from the game to gain 3 pool, and select randomly up to 13 cards from your ash heap. Show the chosen cards to all players, move one to your hand, and shuffle the others into your library."

More
28 Jul 2014 18:34 #64323 by Jeff Kuta

Interesting. So you think that things haven't changed because people didn't want them to change?
What if I don't want them to change, but they want?

My initial response was specific to AaronC's suggestion to ban Ashur Tablets. I don't think that any card bought from a pack will be banned. It's untenable and unconscionable.

And because of that, any discussion about banning cards has been rendered moot. Maybe there's room for a change or errata, and I have full confidence that you would make a good decision, but in my opinion, I don't see it for this particular card.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
28 Jul 2014 18:42 #64325 by Pascal Bertrand
I've already made my decision over Ashur Tablets.
And over many other cards.

My decision is: As long as we can't have reprints, we'll stick to whatever unbroken text we have.
For broken texts, we have two options: either ban the card (see Lilith's Blessing), or change the text (see Villein).

I have taken a decision on Ashur Tablets 2 years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Kuta, Pascek

More
28 Jul 2014 23:48 #64343 by Orpheus
Replied by Orpheus on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

I've already made my decision over Ashur Tablets.
And over many other cards.

My decision is: As long as we can't have reprints, we'll stick to whatever unbroken text we have.
For broken texts, we have two options: either ban the card (see Lilith's Blessing), or change the text (see Villein).

I have taken a decision on Ashur Tablets 2 years ago.

Thank you for that answer Pascal.

Here's hoping, then, that there will be reprints, and that when there are you will consider errating a bit this card to make it less "necessary".

More
29 Jul 2014 03:39 #64344 by Pascal Bertrand

Thank you for that answer Pascal.

Here's hoping, then, that there will be reprints, and that when there are you will consider errating a bit this card to make it less "necessary".

What do you think of the proposition above?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds