file Trap rewording

06 Aug 2018 17:00 - 06 Aug 2018 17:00 #89698 by Ankha
Trap rewording was created by Ankha
At BCP, we are considering changing the text of Trap to:

Only usable before range is determined during the first round of combat.
Put this card in play with 3 counters. Each time a card is played this combat, add counters to this card until it has 3 counters. During the press step of each round this combat, this Trap automatically burns 1 counter from itself to provide 1 press to continue combat (either combatant can press to end combat). Burn this card at the end of combat.

The behavior is the same except that the card stays in play for the duration of the combat (not a big difference).

Do you find it clearer this way? If not why?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 17:00 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2018 17:13 - 06 Aug 2018 17:14 #89699 by Khalid1988
Replied by Khalid1988 on topic Trap rewording
With "during X, do Y" you could only play 1 Trap though. The current wording "Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat." allows playing multiple copies if you happen to have those in hand, right?

Whether the wording would be any clearer, I am not sure if there would be big difference. The bigger change would be the one mentioned above preventing cycling of multiple Traps on the first round of combat.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 17:14 by Khalid1988. Reason: typos

More
06 Aug 2018 17:19 #89700 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Trap rewording
This is what I almost suggested a couple of times, but never got around to writing the post.

This simplifies the card quite a bit. I already demonstrate it with counters on.

So, yes, full-heartedly yes.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
06 Aug 2018 17:26 #89701 by Khalid1988
Ooh yes...sorry I actually paid more attention to the bolded part than the rest of the adjustment. The counter option would make the function of the card clearer, although just for the sake of how many combat cards combat decks usually need to stuff in I would like to leave open the option of cycling multiple Traps during the first round of combat.

File Attachment:

More
06 Aug 2018 18:03 #89703 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic Trap rewording
Yes, this is a very good clarification of the workings and intent of the original card.

Has "during X, do Y" ever interfered with the playing of the same card with 'during' as its text? Will this wording prohibit the playing of more than one? Will another card with the same exact wording be stopped from being played after this one? I'm having a feeling that the answer to all of these is probably 'No' and Khalid can rest easy but I could've missed something.

More
06 Aug 2018 18:14 #89704 by Khalid1988

Has "during X, do Y" ever interfered with the playing of the same card with 'during' as its text? Will this wording prohibit the playing of more than one? Will another card with the same exact wording be stopped from being played after this one? I'm having a feeling that the answer to all of these is probably 'No' and Khalid can rest easy but I could've missed something.

To be honest I am not 100% sure about this but the possibility came to my mind because multiple vampire abilities limit their usage to once per action or turn. If I'm wrong then indeed I guess there's no worry but if change of wording would limit number of playable cards then it's worth of considering whether the effect is negative or positive.

File Attachment:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds