file Trap rewording

06 Aug 2018 18:32 #89706 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Trap rewording
Long term game state should be represented by cards and/or counters. This helps everyone keep proper track of the game state and allows a judge, who encounters the game state at some future point, to clearly understand what is happening.

This is a great change and we should look for more opportunities like this in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2018 19:36 #89711 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Trap rewording
Is there going to be a similar rewording of Undead Persistence?

More
06 Aug 2018 19:53 - 06 Aug 2018 19:54 #89712 by DJHedgehog
Replied by DJHedgehog on topic Trap rewording
I think you're doing it backwards. Should start at 0.

Only usable before range is determined during the first round of combat.
Put this card into play. During the press step of each round this combat, this Trap gains 1 counter and provides 1 press to continue combat (either combatant can press to end combat). Each time a card is played during this combat, remove all counters from this card. Burn this card if it would receive its 4th counter or when combat ends.

Fewer words, seems a bit more clear. Maybe it's just me? Seems fiddly to have to put counters on at the onset and have to reset them when cards are played.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 19:54 by DJHedgehog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, Boris The Blade

More
06 Aug 2018 20:03 #89713 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Trap rewording

I think you're doing it backwards. Should start at 0.

Put this card into play. During the press step of each round this combat, this Trap gains 1 counter and provides 1 press to continue combat (either combatant can press to end combat). Each time a card is played during this combat, remove all counters from this card. Burn this card if it would receive its 4th counter or when combat ends.

Fewer words, seems a bit more clear. Maybe it's just me? Seems fiddly to have to put counters on at the onset and have to reset them when cards are played.

Counting down is more intuitive in that it's clearer that something 'ends' when things get to zero. It's semantic, for sure, but I see the point in it. Like instead of having the 'burn at 4' at the end, the 'place 3' reads at the top; we know that there's '3 something'.

Less words, for sure. There's that. Either would work. I feel counting down makes it clearer for the user at first glance.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
06 Aug 2018 20:07 #89714 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Trap rewording

Each time a card is played this combat, add counters to this card until it has 3 counters.

I think this could use some clarity. "Each time a card is played this combat, add as many counters (if any) to this card that are needed to reach, but not exceed, 3 counters."

More
06 Aug 2018 20:35 #89716 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Trap rewording
Three shalt be the number thou shalt
count, and the number of the counting
shalt be three.

Four shalt thou not count,
nor either count thou two, excepting that
thou then proceed to three.

Will conquer the beast get the same treatment? (you know, the card that does basically the same as trap, but requires a discipline, but also prevents you using equipment)
Name: Conquer the Beast
[Jyhad:R, VTES:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
[ani] This vampire cannot use equipment this combat. During the press step of each round this combat, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in the current round or during the 2 previous rounds, this vampire gets 1 press, only usable to continue combat.
[ANI] As above, but the presses are optional.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds