file Combat as a strategy

04 Sep 2019 12:38 #96792 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Combat as a strategy

Honestly, I think a simple solution to the DI and timewindows issue would be for black chantry to simply alter the rules so that DI is played after the played card is replaced. I mean, its gonna be replaced ANYWAY, why not replace it in a way that doesn't cause million gameplay issues. And I mean changing it this way, NOTHING WOULD CHANGE gameplay wise. Its just ???? why not do it. This way, people could just play their cards and there would be no huge issue if you needed to backtrack.

There would be some minor impact on the As Announced window and effects that require another card from your hand (e.g. Concealed Weapon,) but nothing unworkable. One must simply rule that if the main card gets DIed, then all the other cards played / shown as part of the announcement go the to the ash heap with it.

DI and other such "counters" should be just removed from the game for good.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2019 13:20 #96801 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Combat as a strategy

DI and other such "counters" should be just removed from the game for good.

An opinion of yours I do not share. :)

---

Oh, and by the way, you there - YES YOU - the forum lurker! :) You, who is interested in the game and stumbled into the forums!

IT'S A GREAT GAME! TRY IT OUT!

You'll have fun. :) Welcome aboard.

---

Kind of a reminder (for myself as well) that we're not really only speaking with each other online, but that potentially the whole world is reading whatever we say.

We have varying opinions here, and everyone likes to play to their liking! It's all good. :) Lots of things to explore and lots of ways to play VtES and have fun with your mates.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
04 Sep 2019 16:27 - 04 Sep 2019 16:28 #96813 by redwulfe
Replied by redwulfe on topic Combat as a strategy
So following these debates currently but had a question. Currently I am wondering if the combat strategy may actually be good for hte game. I will look for an analogy with Commander becasue that is all I have to compair it too currently.

In commander we have multiplayer decks for pod play and 1v1 decks for single player play.

Could Combat and others like stealth/bleed be good decks in 1v1 competitive play.

I know that the game is designed for multiplayer but me and my firend are the whole of our competitive player base and we would like ot play more but it seems that we will be playing 1v1 more thatn multiplayer until we get more players outside of our casual group. If combat is a good playstyle for 1v1 then I would not like ot see it nerfed or removed as it has a place in the game one that if you play against it 1v1 you may be able to figure out how to handle it in multiplayer.

The reason I say that is you could in a multiplayer game narrow your personal scope to focus on keeping the combat build from ousting you and in addition add in the social element of having players help you. Which in turn makes it less viable in multiplayer games.

Basically changing your strategy in multiplayer by practicing against combat in 1v1 to learn strategies against it and have no other support but your own deck.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2019 16:28 by redwulfe.

More
04 Sep 2019 16:52 #96814 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Combat as a strategy
Combat will likely not be nerfed, if I could predict anything it is that ot will get stronger.

I dont mind combat but i understand elotars concerns and likely he and I could come to some sort of agreement. Some of the player base is highly resistant to any form of change, thus the arguments you see. Think fossilized pre dissolution Soviet union.

Certain types of combat strategies can be toxic and I think that is elotars issue. Tupdogs and amaranth decks for example. For sure 1 v 1 combat is a good call.

More
04 Sep 2019 17:30 #96815 by redwulfe
Replied by redwulfe on topic Combat as a strategy
That is good to hear. one of the sticking points for current sales in my store is the idea that 1v1 play is not possible. This means that it may actually be possible if you build decks for that environment.

Though personally I think I will prefere the multiplayer more. :) 1v1 political decks I think would be too unpredictable. :)

More
04 Sep 2019 17:44 #96816 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Combat as a strategy

That is good to hear. one of the sticking points for current sales in my store is the idea that 1v1 play is not possible. This means that it may actually be possible if you build decks for that environment.

Though personally I think I will prefere the multiplayer more. :) 1v1 political decks I think would be too unpredictable. :)

Well, tell your store whatever they need to hear to get you stocked up. ;) The game is designed for 4-5 players. Keep that in mind.

The more the merrier.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds