file Why celerity is such a bad discipline ?

22 Oct 2019 16:02 #97500 by Lech

One thing I've wondered about is why I never see anyone use Distraction. It's extremely powerful (especially at :cel:!) and versatile. I realize that it isn't super flashy as such and doesn't do direct damage but shaping your hand with five cards is pretty bonkers.

Because it's awful action, like all celerity action, not counting anarch ones and perhaps flurry of actions ?

Shaping hand is certainly decent effect, that is underused - celerity itself have nearly none playable action modifiers and reactions (one can argue that resist an zephyr are decent enough to be played) and could use card like:

Something
celerity
:modifier: :cel: Draw two cards.
:combat: :CEL: Draw two cards. A vampire may play only one Something each round.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2019 04:17 #97886 by VGGuru
I like the idea that celerity can manipulate cards. I would love to see more ways to cycle cards or even get cards played back into your hand or deck.

Perhaps a card that let's you play a celerity card from your ash heap.

I also love a good mill deck and would love to see a celerity card that can discard cards from a players hand or deck. Maybe even an action that makes a player draw cards then discard down afterwards.

One discipline shouldn't be able to do everything.
"and when everyones super, no one will be" - Syndrome

More
19 Nov 2019 12:11 #97899 by Bloodartist

Perhaps a card that let's you play a celerity card from your ash heap.

I would rather want to see a celerity card like hourglass of the mind, where you get to pick a card from top X cards of the library. Celerity is very similar in function to Temporis in the lore (which is why vampires with temporis cant play celerity cards). So we should look to similar effects.

ps. I see plenty of prejudice against cards in this thread. It's quite the opposite here in my country, people are trying to find uses to fringe cards to gain advantage. Its quite lovely and inspiring in terms of deckbuilding.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuckalavee

More
24 Nov 2019 16:58 #97962 by ReverendRevolver

One thing I've wondered about is why I never see anyone use Distraction. It's extremely powerful (especially at :cel:!) and versatile. I realize that it isn't super flashy as such and doesn't do direct damage but shaping your hand with five cards is pretty bonkers.

Because it's awful action, like all celerity action, not counting anarch ones and perhaps flurry of actions ?

Shaping hand is certainly decent effect, that is underused - celerity itself have nearly none playable action modifiers and reactions (one can argue that resist an zephyr are decent enough to be played) and could use card like:

Something
celerity
:modifier: :cel: Draw two cards.
:combat: :CEL: Draw two cards. A vampire may play only one Something each round.

And Print!

Title and all. " :cel: actions are mostly unplayable, they have almost nothing. This card isn't much, but at least its Something. "

I've been ousted by Alacrity from Rafael
or adana. Alacrity on a fleetness bleed, after I DI'd Resist earths grasp.

I spent the next 15 minutes only uttering "!@#$ing Alacrity "

Theres alot of trashing :cel: in this thread because it's a core discipline where its acceptable limitations and niche have an additional roadblock due to all the "reasons" to play the discipline being almost exclusive to :CEL: in addition to the smattering of :cel: on stuff when inferior is only relevant paired with :for: or Anarch. Yes, like I just said, junk cards have ousted me. But that's more 5% chance of paying off in one specific deck than a good card.
Some players (Darby, Troxel, and Norm come to mind) can take underused cards or ideas and run with them. (Brutal influence, running Jyhad back Malkavians to finals, and trophy as a mechanic, respectively)
But :cel: gets rendered obsolete by setup decreasing reliability, lack of efficiency/effect/cost ratio from :CEL: and or other discipline having clearly better alternatives, and those combining into other disciplines doing the same thing better and then some.

Which leaves :CEL: doing what it's good at, because it's a short list.

More
26 Nov 2019 13:29 #97984 by elotar
All good stuff are already taken by other disciplines. To make :cel: work "color pie" should be fixed or some really new effects invented.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
26 Nov 2019 14:19 #97985 by Poci
Something like this?

Quick Response

Reaction
1 blood

Usable during a D action against you or a minion you control

cel: this vampire untaps and attempts to block. This vampire gets +1 intercept even if it is not needed yet.

CEL: as above, and this vampire gets an additional strike during the first round of combat, if the block attempt is successful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds