check Expansion Update

30 Oct 2011 15:54 - 30 Oct 2011 15:56 #13051 by Charles_Bronson
All of the VEKN expansions should be printable by users only.

Selling it online as professional LCG ou CCG is not a legal option. Even with 0% profit, we will be hurting the copyright laws.

Proxies should be slowed introduced to our playing environment. After 3-4 years after an VTES expansion is sold out, that expansion exclusive cards should be allowed to be proxied.

Example: Lords of the Night is a all-new cards expansion, with no reprints (excluding pre-con decks). After it is sold out, after 3 years, by VEKN directos, proxies of it should be allowed in tourneaments.

Example 2: Keepers is sold out. After some years, its exclusive cards (like Old Friends, Charismatic Aura or Heroic Mighty) could be printed and used as proxies, but cards still available in other expansions should not (like Golconda: Inner Peace or Heart of Nizchetus).

that's my 2 cents.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 30 Oct 2011 15:56 by Charles_Bronson. Reason: fixed typos! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2011 16:45 #13053 by prunesquallor
Replied by prunesquallor on topic Re: Expansion Update
I agree with all that Mr Bronson has said. There are copyright and trademark exposures in such an activity, irregardless of whether anyone is making any profit. What we have in our favor is that DIY printing from a downloaded pdf is typically ignored.

As to the other point, of when proxies for past cards should be allowed, I think the prices and availability at Potomac distribution make a good barometer for when an expansion is "sold out". Once their prices get silly (over $100 a booster box), proxies should be allowable.

This might sound crazy to hear a reseller saying such things, but in my view the game will eventually go to the ash heap if players (new, old and returning) don't have ready access to new and existing cards. My long-term interests are to see the game survive, and some short term loss is worth it.

All of the VEKN expansions should be printable by users only.

Selling it online as professional LCG ou CCG is not a legal option. Even with 0% profit, we will be hurting the copyright laws.

Proxies should be slowed introduced to our playing environment. After 3-4 years after an VTES expansion is sold out, that expansion exclusive cards should be allowed to be proxied.

Example: Lords of the Night is a all-new cards expansion, with no reprints (excluding pre-con decks). After it is sold out, after 3 years, by VEKN directos, proxies of it should be allowed in tourneaments.

Example 2: Keepers is sold out. After some years, its exclusive cards (like Old Friends, Charismatic Aura or Heroic Mighty) could be printed and used as proxies, but cards still available in other expansions should not (like Golconda: Inner Peace or Heart of Nizchetus).

that's my 2 cents.

More
30 Oct 2011 18:29 #13054 by brandonsantacruz
What, you think $298 for an AH booster box is unreasonable? It includes Memories of Mortality and Might of the Camarilla and everyone knows how broken those cards are....

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
31 Oct 2011 08:22 #13075 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Expansion Update

As to the other point, of when proxies for past cards should be allowed, I think the prices and availability at Potomac distribution make a good barometer for when an expansion is "sold out". Once their prices get silly (over $100 a booster box), proxies should be allowable.

Yeah, selling for (almost) SRP is indeed a terrible rip off!

Also, I don't think that basing anything on the availability from one vendor is that hot an idea...

My opinion regarding proxies is and will always be: NO PROXIES. EVER!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
31 Oct 2011 11:09 #13084 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Expansion Update

Example 2: Keepers is sold out. After some years, its exclusive cards (like Old Friends, Charismatic Aura or Heroic Mighty) could be printed and used as proxies, but cards still available in other expansions should not (like Golconda: Inner Peace or Heart of Nizchetus

I think this will get rather silly, keeping in mind what cards are reprinted in what sets.

All cards allowed for proxy or no cards allowed for proxy, that is my opinion. For now: No cards. In about a year I will reevaluate that opinion.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
31 Oct 2011 11:20 #13085 by acbishop
Replied by acbishop on topic Re: Expansion Update

NO PROXIES. EVER!

That's also my opinion :)

:vtes:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds